Need Help with my Phantom 3 Home distance.

Reaction score
Hello, I have anew Phantom 3 and I also have someone training me who also owns a Phantom 3.

Yesterday we had a lesson, we set the home button and when we hit "return to home", The Phantom
is landing 35 feet away. We reset all the correct parameters and the Phantom 3 still landed 35 feet away.

The phantom is new as the iPad was saying that the Phantom 3 needed an update.

Correct me if I am wrong, I just can't see that an update would correct this problem except maybe
I am wrong.

Please let me know your thoughts...

Thanks,

Your Phantom will auto land at its current location if it's less than 66 feet from you. It's an undocumented feature.

Seriously? I gotta test that. I'm into details & I write documentation as part of my job. DJI documentation leaves a lot to be desired.

Way too high level in my opinion (no pun intended.) For this type of product / price point the documentation should be much more granular.

When you activate RTH, you don't have to let it autoland.
You can cancel and resume control at any time and land it yourself.
The flyer can usually find a better landing place than the Phantom can.

@msinger, you are telling me that if it lands to home within 68 ft of me that this is normal?
Yes. I'm assuming DJI did that as a safety precaution.

When RTH initiates on the P2V+, it will attempt to return to home no matter how close the Phantom is to the home point. That could be a dangerous situation if the pilot is standing close to (or right over) the Phantom when it happens.

Yes, I understand I can take control, except I have seen many Phantom 3's Return to home within 10 feet of the setting. Isn't that what its for?

This sounds like the the auto home setting words different with every Phantom 3. My friends Phantom 3 lands within 10 feet of the home setting every time.

Can this be re-calculated by the factory?

Thanks in advance...

Yes. I'm assuming DJI did that as a safety precaution.

When RTH initiates on the P2V+, it will attempt to return to home no matter how close the Phantom is to the home point. That could be a dangerous situation if the pilot is standing close to (or right over) the Phantom when it happens.

What you are saying does not make a lot of sense. You set the RTH setting for a spot you need to use for an emergency. If the Phantom 3 lands 65 ft away, I could be in the trees/

Why does not friends Phantom 3 land within 10 feet on RTH every time, and mine is 35 to 40 ft?

Doesn't make sense. I would think the factory can correct but maybe I am wrong. If one Phantom 3
can consistently land within 10 over and over, and mine is 35 to 40 ft. Something seems mis0calibrated...

Please let me know your thoughts..

Thanks in advance..

Thanks, I will give that a try except it does not solve my problems of the RTH landing 35 to 40 feet ways from my original setting..

You seem confused so here are the details ...
If your Phantom is more than 60 feet away when you initiate RTH and leave it to autoland it should be within 10 feet.
BUT if your Phantom is within 60 feet of home when you initiate RTH, it will land where it is.

Simple test, fly it out 100' and do a RTH, if it lands at the home point all is good, if it still lands 35' away you have an issue. I don't remember if I have ever initiated RTH that close (66') as I don't use that feature much, preferring to fly FPV as much as possible for spatial awareness practice.

I am not confused..I am more than 50 feet away and I intimately the RTH and let it auto land, it will NOT land with 10 ft. of home. I hear what you are telling me except you are not addressing my problem..

Thanks

Right ... you've said it several times now.
We get it.
No need for so many posts that just quote others either.

Was it a one-off or does it consistently do this every time you test it?

I am over a 100 ft when I initiate the REH, and its landing 35 ft to 40 ft away...

Thanks.

Is the H showing up on your map where you expect it to be landing, or where it is actually landing?

It does it every time.

I do not mean to doing to quotes, i am brand new to this system

Thanks for your help..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31