Need help seeing the power of editing P3 stills - Odd Rainbow Still

Reaction score
OK not a great picture overall, but being a novice.. I go next door to my golf course to test some ND filters before I go to the lake this weekend. Just wanted to test getting the correct exposure for post editing and such. I see this scene. Can anyone maybe take a stab at showing me what some "pro" editing this thing might have or even just what type of things I can do on my own? In person, it was swirling around the 'rainbow' and looked like a funnel cloud creating the rainbow, and then sucking it up suddenly..The last is just a sunset I tried to use the sky as the focus and then cant seem to get the landscape correct.

Attachments

• Tunnel.jpg
    Tunnel.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 431
  • Tunnel 2.jpg
    Tunnel 2.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 404
  • Tunnel 3.jpg
    Tunnel 3.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 388
  • Sunset.jpg
    Sunset.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 388
If you're going to be editing photos, it's always best to shoot in the raw format, which is .dng in the Phantoms. You will retain all of the digital data shooting in raw, and be able to recover and manipulate the image much more than in jpeg.............. which is only what the software in the Phantom decided it should look like. I use Adobe Lightroom, but there are other programs that will edit raw files.

Reactions: YolevonALLin
As you realise your original image was very flat....here's what a few minutes in photoshop can do
As Snerd said, if you shoot in RAW you will have a much better original file to work with. Even if you have no idea what to do with raw files, if you shoot everything now in jpg and raw, when you are far more experienced in the future you can always go back to work on the images again.
TunnelTest.jpg

Good info and edit. I like what I see, Thanks. I shot these all in raw and jpeg.. Unfortunately I attached the jpeg by accident. I'll work on learning some raw edits soon.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

As you realise your original image was very flat....here's what a few minutes in photoshop can do
As Snerd said, if you shoot in RAW you will have a much better original file to work with. Even if you have no idea what to do with raw files, if you shoot everything now in jpg and raw, when you are far more experienced in the future you can always go back to work on the images again.
View attachment 23762
Forgot to add.. Maybe I was half asleep but is that not an odd phenomenon or am I crazy?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Shoot in raw use lightroom.

Attachments

• DJI_0098-Edit.jpg
    DJI_0098-Edit.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 374
but being a novice.. I go next door to my golf course to test some ND filters before I go to the lake this weekend.
The ND filters are mostly used on a Phantom for video rather than stills.
Unless there's a particular special effect you are looking for, you're probably not going to get much benefit using them for stills.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic