Need help guys in stumped..

Reaction score
Ok so..i love my phantom 3 but decided to try the hubsan h109s x4 pro...really is a good drone for the price but i went to put on the prop guards and all the screws but two come out fine (the standard short screws). two of them however just sit and spin but the head is not stripped at all..its like the thread is not grabbing to extract the screw. any ideas of how to get these out without cracking or prying on the body? really want to throw on the prop guards and teach my son to fly but i dont want to have to send the whole darn drone back over two screws. does anybody happen to know if these go into a fixed nut or just threaded plastic? ive tried a precision set of plyers and even a tiny modeling knife to get under the screw head and put some upward pressure hoping the screw will catch..no luck. its holding everythig together but just turns and will NOT back out..any tips from the long time drone pilots?

Look at one of the screws that came out,does it have machine threads or threads like a wood screw ?.If it is machined threads then the nut is most likely spinning but you might try loosening the other screws and gently prying the halves apart where the screw is to see if that helps.Just so you know about anything you do might void the warranty but that's up to you.

Yup they're machined screws..question is..how do i get them out..tried prying on the body a little but whatevers spinning i cannot get to.

I doubt those short screws have anything to do with holding the two halves together but you might have to take it apart to get those two screws out.I wonder if they used some kind of thread sealer on those threads ?.If you do happen to get that screw out i'm sure the nut is going to drop down and your going to have to split it anyway to recover it or you won't be able to use that screw anyway.Clean the threads on the nuts and screws then hot glue or epoxy the nuts back in place.That would be my suggestion.
If everything else fails you can buy a new shell off ebay for $40.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20