Need help,did anybody have this problem?

@quaddamage i tired cable and the sensor didn't fix the problem, any other suggestions maybe? Can it be the gimbal board itself? Thanks

You tried replacing both the sensor and the FFC cable?
Seeing the issue persists after that is quite unusual..

Ambarella chip is working - because you see photos saved on the SD-card. So the only path left is between Ambarella and the FFC socket.

Are you able to turn it on while disassembled? With all gimbal motors disconnected, ofcourse. If you do, you might try putting pressure on the FFC connectors.

In general, if you eliminated Flex Flat Cable and Sensor Board as possible points of failure, the only part remaining is the Gimbal Top Board. It is harder to get its replacement, as there's a common failure with NAND memory for DaVinci on that board (but you don't have this issue - its symptoms are no FPV while photos are recorded properly on SD-card).

Reactions: misa1234
You tried replacing both the sensor and the FFC cable?
Seeing the issue persists after that is quite unusual..

Ambarella chip is working - because you see photos saved on the SD-card. So the only path left is between Ambarella and the FFC socket.

Are you able to turn it on while disassembled? With all gimbal motors disconnected, ofcourse. If you do, you might try putting pressure on the FFC connectors.

In general, if you eliminated Flex Flat Cable and Sensor Board as possible points of failure, the only part remaining is the Gimbal Top Board. It is harder to get its replacement, as there's a common failure with NAND memory for DaVinci on that board (but you don't have this issue - its symptoms are no FPV while photos are recorded properly on SD-card).
The photos on sd card looks like this in attachment. They are not good. Only clear live preview and recording on sd card is in 4k resolution but with not soo good quality. Is this information helpful?
org_7e41cf27b3484803_1561337609000.jpg

Any suggestions what to do? Should i try to find replacement board or is there anything else i can do?

Check connectors. Look inside whether all the contacts seem ok (though it's really hard to notice something wrong without a microscope..). Try applying pressure on them while the drone in working. If the image changes / gets better, maybe the connectors can be replaced or fixed by constant pressure.

If that won't help - the simplest solution is a new board. This one probably can be fixed, but considerable experience is required for that.

Reactions: misa1234
Check connectors. Look inside whether all the contacts seem ok (though it's really hard to notice something wrong without a microscope..). Try applying pressure on them while the drone in working. If the image changes / gets better, maybe the connectors can be replaced or fixed by constant pressure.

If that won't help - the simplest solution is a new board. This one probably can be fixed, but considerable experience is required for that.
Thanks a lot again. I will try that. I have no experience in this so it will be hard for me to notice anything. Its strange that it works in 4k(although its bad quality) and breaks in every other resolution

Sorry I didn't see your post until this AM. Not sure if you have resolved the issue yet, but all I can say is it will be difficult to solve without a test camera. If your camera was on my bench, I would attach your gimbal unit to my upper main board to isolate the problem. Example; if the problem still existed, I could replace the camera module to see if it was the culprit. Since you mentioned you replaced the ribbon cable, you can cross that off. SO, if the problem went away with the same test, (upper main board), then your video processor is bad.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic