Need "extension cord" for extended flight times

Although playing around with Phantoms is fun, wouldn't it make more sense to avoid all the complication and potential problems and just use a fixed Gopro need to to record intersection and roundabout traffic flows.
Just mount it on a convenient pole or building somewhere to give the coverage you need.

This looks interesting - http://www.polarity.net/News/Electrical_Tethers,_UAV_tethers,_el

quad300200.jpg

Thank you for sharing this video! It does not appear the tether impacts flight characteristics -- which was a concern of mine. I will experiment with my spare Phantom (although my spare does not have a working camera -- very sad story), it does however, fly quite well while providing endless exercise opportunities for my dog and shall serve as an excellent prototype for tethered flying (powered wire). Stand by...

That is exactly what I need to do - thank you for the video! I'll let you know how it goes...

oilswoodhome said:
http://youtu.be/g8J0z1RohfI
NightFlyer just posted this video the other day. You would be removing the battery weight to balance the wire weight and get extended flight time with a bigger battery that would stay on the ground.

Yeah, I know...

If, however, I can figure out a tether system, I can be a lot more nimble (and responsive) when duty calls...

barefootbeachcombing said:
As much as i am a fan of Phantom video, it this case it seems like it would be much easier to erect a pole and put a GoPro on it.

Or rent a bucket truck.

Or recruit the Fire Department.

Meta4 said:
Although playing around with Phantoms is fun, wouldn't it make more sense to avoid all the complication and potential problems and just use a fixed Gopro need to to record intersection and roundabout traffic flows.
Just mount it on a convenient pole or building somewhere to give the coverage you need.
I've worked in construction for 40 years and seen these poles in action. I'm surprised the op doesn't use something like this. Gotta be cheaper to find a pole or I'm sure you can rent something like this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20