Need DJI Repair Time Opinions

Reaction score
I sent my P4P in on July 3rd for stress crack repair, was sent to the Carson (Cerritos) California Facility which is around 90 miles from my home , UPS tracking shows they received it in June 5th, dji says received July 7th, Damage assessed July 8th, Free under warranty July 8th, Under Repair July 9th. It has been on "under repair" step 1 out of 3 since the 9th. I go on vacation for a week on July 20th. Is it probable that it will arrive to me by July19th? This is my first dealing with DJI Repair so I'm worried that it won't arrive in time for my vacation or even worse it will be delivered while im gone. My next door neighbor's are pretty shady. Thank you for any and all info in this.

Wow, that is pretty quick to get to that point already. You are going to be close. You will get an email when it is repaired with the tracking number for shipment. Mine took about one week to get back from when they said it was repaired for my P3S stress crack repairs. Hope you get it back in time!

Wow, that is pretty quick to get to that point already. You are going to be close. You will get an email when it is repaired with the tracking number for shipment. Mine took about one week to get back from when they said it was repaired for my P3S stress crack repairs. Hope you get it back in time!
Do you mind if I ask where you sent it from?

I'm on the east coast, so 5 days shipping one way. Took well over a month to get mine back including shipping time. That was the second unit I sent in for warranty repair. The first one took about three weeks.

Reactions: KingDad1985
Over a month!? Wow!
Yes, and that was fairly recent. After each update notification from DJI it just sat there for another week, and this is for warranty repair. The first repair was for stress fractures after one hour of flight, they sent a different unit back to me, so that's probably why it only took three weeks. The one they sent back had a bad motor out of the box, they "fixed" that and I got the same unit back, but it took over a month.

Reactions: KingDad1985
Yes, and that was fairly recent. After each update notification from DJI it just sat there for another week, and this is for warranty repair. The first repair was for stress fractures after one hour of flight, they sent a different unit back to me, so that's probably why it only took three weeks. The one they sent back had a bad motor out of the box, they "fixed" that and I got the same unit back, but it took over a month.
I have sent a P4P back to dji for bad camera back in December, but it wasn't sent for repair but exchange, I had a brand new P4P on my doorstep in 8 days from the time I mailed back. Both shipments were overnight. Christmas day was in the middle of those 8 days.
But this is my first time sending in for repair, plus my vacation and I won't be home. Man it has me stressing

The short answer about repair time is that you'll never really know when to expect it to be completed. My opinion is that with DJI products you are better off buying two, so you can have a spare when you need service (especially if you're trying to use one for business purposes). Maybe that's the DJI business model to increase sales.

The short answer about repair time is that you'll never really know when to expect it to be completed. My opinion is that with DJI products you are better off buying two, so you can have a spare when you need service (especially if you're trying to use one for business purposes). Maybe that's the DJI business model to increase sales.
True. A spare is a very good idea

Update-
Just called dji and spoke with a supervisor at the Carson Facility. The gentlemen on the phone told me it will be sent out in 1-2 days and overnighted.

You're a night owl, up at 3am in California worried about your drone. Did this problem keep you up all night? :p

I live about 30mi from Cerritos. When my P4 craft was sent in for a stress crack at the battery compartment, they replaced the craft. They didn't repair it. Odds are you'll get back a new craft, with different serial number. You can only pray about the firmware you'll get. As for shipping, it can take DJI a few days to get it out the door after you see the email saying "repair is completed" (not really a repair). But once it ships, you're good. You can trace it to determine arrival date. You can also compare the serial number in the email with the one you sent them.

I think you'll get it in time, but you may be short of time to fully test it before your vacation. You'll be scrambling.

You're a night owl, up at 3am in California worried about your drone. Did this problem keep you up all night? [emoji14]
I live about 30mi from Cerritos. When my P4 craft was sent in for a stress crack at the battery compartment, they replaced the craft. They didn't repair it. Odds are you'll get back a new craft, with different serial number. You can only pray about the firmware you'll get. As for shipping, it can take DJI a few days to get it out the door after you see the email saying "repair is completed" (not really a repair). But once it ships, you're good. You can trace it to determine arrival date. You can also compare the serial number in the email with the one you sent them.

I think you'll get it in time, but you may be short of time to fully test it before your vacation. You'll be scrambling.
I work nights. 11pm to 7am at BNSF Railway. We have alot of down time. Shhhh don't tell the foremans! [emoji6]

Went from step 1 to step 3 today. It said I should receive it within 3 working days. ;)
Also when I talked to the supervisor at carson. He told me I would be sent back my drone. I really hope so ;) as I got great signal quality on my bird. Also the picture quality is great

I sent my p4p to DJI on the 27 of june.
today I got an e mail that said the repair work was finished and it would be returned in one to three business days.
hope this helps.
I live in Alabama.

So I called Dji on Friday. They told me MY drone would be shipped either Monday or Tuesday. Does anyone who lives in California know if the repair drone is overnighted? This is also what I was told would happen. I live an hour and 45 minutes away from the Carson California Facility. I leave to San Onofre State Beach on thursday. Will be gone for a week. I really hope this drone gets here before then. I would love to bring it with me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing