Need advice on drone/ memory card found under water.

Reaction score
I was visiting Quebec city and went to the Morency water fall. On the way out I spotted a drone under water and immediately told my wife I was going in (I had to see the footage of how it ended up there) she casually pointed out the 7' cement wall I would have to climb down and into a fast current out to the St. Lawrence river and smashed my idea of jumping. So I headed to Canadian tire for a big grapple hook to fish it out they didn't have anything big enough to work. I ended up getting 3 coat hangers went to the nuts and bolts and bolted them together, brought my contraption to the cash and got a dirty look for all the opened packaging and headed back.
I managed to hook it in a couple tosses and hooked the attention of a bus load of Chinese tourist while at it. This drone has been under water for a few months for sure I pulled the 32 gig memory card and had to wait 2 days to get home and view it. After every thing I went through to get this point I was thrilled to see it still work and 2 files showed up! Well it was disappointing I have two videos of a guy and a girl walking around looking up at them selves with a selfie stick!
So where the hell is the drone footage? I dont own a drone so my question is why is there no drone footage is it because they weren't recording? Is it possible the is the footage corrupt from the crash and I can still some how access it? Any professional insight is appreciated.

Welcome to the Forum!
Wow, hopefully some others will join in.

How did you view or extract the files on from the SD card?
I'm thinking that maybe what you are using is not letting you see everything on the card.

Rod

Could be they set the bird on the 7 ft wall you spoke of and before they tried to fly it, it got knocked or otherwise tumbled into the water. Hence, no footage.

Reactions: RodPad
Lol Pham what I own is a few spare parts to a phantom standard. It's been under water for at least 3 months and is full of sand inside. i don't think it fell of the ledge it's positioned 150 yards down stream from the water fall. My guess is he got caught in the tail wind of the falls and went down. At least I was hoping to see something like that on the memory card.
Rodpad. I just plugged it into windows 10 and used file explorer, I also tried showing all hidden files nothing. The used space of 2 gigs and the sum of the two files together don't quite add up. I will have to try to find a program to retrieve loss or deleted files. Thanks for the response.

Did you see any other files than the two?
In the Photo shows the tree on my card, this was on a Win 8.

IMG_0194.JPG

As far as I know, I can test.
I'm positive the first folders DCIM and MISC are created if they don't exist when the Phantom is powered on.

The Phantom saves all pictures / videos in "\DCIM\100MEDIA\" folder.
The files that the Phantom creates all start with "DJI_"

You might find some info or away to fix a file from this thread.
App to fix corrupted Video Files (new one)

"under water for at least 3 months"
How did you calculate this?

Tell us what you find. :)

Rod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94