Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Need advice - Flying on a rooftop in the city

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dragonash, May 31, 2014.

1. dragonash

Ok, so heres the situation.

My aunt runs an event planning business and is always finding venues.
    One of her venues is in the city (NYC) on a rooftop.

But not a skyscraper thing. It's a shorter building in between others (below 300 ft).
    She would like me to get a good shot of the roof from high up (video and pictures) Especially a 90 degree shot pointing straight down.

I told her I would need to look at the area to see if its even possible to do so (how crowded the location is, etc etc)

*IF* it's a possibility, should I use ATTI mode so GPS doesnt freak out around the buildings?

2. usaken

I'd be pretty careful here. I suspect that you might be in controlled airspace. Also, NYC is pretty sensitive after that irresponsible nut flew his banging around into high rise buildings then finally crashed.