Need a new phantom 3 standard roll motor

Reaction score
Hello,

I just crashed my phantom 3 standard and the ribbon cable attached to the motor, not the black ribbon cable attached to all motors, tore off and I can't find a new note anywhere. What can I do? I can't afford an entire new gimbal.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

No roll motor available, no one seems to have a roll motor, my solution is to use a pitch motor, cut down the shaft and replace

No roll motor available, no one seems to have a roll motor, my solution is to use a pitch motor, cut down the shaft and replace

I have the same issue. That small cable is broken on mine hence need to replace the whole kit. I found it here but it was only for advanced and pro: DJI Phantom 3 Gimbal Roll Arm + MOTOR GENUINE DJI PART

Did you find it somewhere?

Between this thread, and another identical thread, the concensus seems to be to purchase the pitch motor, and shorten the shaft.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Between this thread, and another identical thread, the concensus seems to be to purchase the pitch motor, and shorten the shaft.

Sux since it seems harder to remove the motor from the frame assembly. Luckily, I have Yaw and Pitch motor available. may be I can just unsolder the ribon cable and from the pitch and solder it on the current roll since my cable was sliced.

Thanks, I'll update. May be I should really start 3D printing those parts to save money.

Can you 3d print a motor?
If you have a pitch motor avaialable, why not just shorten the shaft? I've not done it, but can't imagine it would be too hard. A Dremel with a cutoff wheel, a heat sink on the tip of the shaft, and some patience.

Can you 3d print a motor?
If you have a pitch motor avaialable, why not just shorten the shaft? I've not done it, but can't imagine it would be too hard. A Dremel with a cutoff wheel, a heat sink on the tip of the shaft, and some patience.

I was just talking in general for the spare parts. Not the motors. lol.
The pitch motor shaft can be shortened but it also need to be sliced in the middle a couple millimeter to fit into the rotary switch on the camera end. Which might be a pain. I will try in a couple hours and let you know the result. I just refuse to pay over $100 for broken Gymbal/camera in order to salvage the part when it might not fix the issue.

Not sure what you mean by "sliced in the middle"
My pitch motor has a flat side already. Doesn't the one you have?

I just shorten the pitch shaft about a cm and it fit perfectly. I used a small hacksaw to cut it.

Reactions: mdowney58
Also see Fstop labs for parts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I've found that the motor is glued into place. It is possible to remove but very carefully. I've not tried yet. Alternatively I've also found that you can get a pitch motor and just cut the shaft to size.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31