Need A Long Range Surveillance Drone

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to drones and am trying to find the perfect drone for surveillence over a distance of 8+ miles. I am looking at the DJI Inspire 2 but it only has a 30 minute battery life and a 4.3 mile range, or the s1000+ as it can use a DSLR with thermal and night vision attachments. Is there any way to have a drone stay up for multiple hours? Also range is range modification? I am taking advice on what drone/drones to get for the job. Price is not an issue.

Hi, I am new to drones and am trying to find the perfect drone for surveillence over a distance of 8+ miles. I am looking at the DJI Inspire 2 but it only has a 30 minute battery life and a 4.3 mile range, or the s1000+ as it can use a DSLR with thermal and night vision attachments. Is there any way to have a drone stay up for multiple hours? Also range is range modification? I am taking advice on what drone/drones to get for the job. Price is not an issue.
20170922_085834.jpg
hi i get these emails from dronebase,google search skyfront ,apparently these can fly for up to 5 hours,you could have a sleep and wake up it still going,crazy,,:)

Reactions: p2skater1
1506583161123346066474.jpg
Are these considered the most powerful/best drones in the civilian world? Do they get better for a higher pice?
15065821741291304745241.jpg
yeh i sure they get way better,helis or mutirotor,,i post this there was one in christchurch i saw footage of,they used it to sprinkle seed onto burnt hill sides etc,was trying to find catalog i had with industrial use drones,sure if you google something would come up,if no one has by time i find i post link,,,dji got couple there

Last edited by a moderator:
One question, why is the DJI Matrice 600 $4999, but the superior DJI S1000+ is only $1500?

One question, why is the DJI Matrice 600 $4999, but the superior DJI S1000+ is only $1500?
Hi sorry i should have said this was part page i google DJI industrial solutions and about 10+ came up,not sure how they price either,this was latest info they had

@p2skater1 I just left you a PM with some contact information. Hope it helps :)

Mr James Bond,
I am a mid level blue collar worker and am responding to your request. I can fulfill your drone needs of long endurance missions by holding the drone for up to eight hours without breaks and pointing it in the direction of Mr. Evil when requested. Rain does not impact my ability to hold the drone steady. As far as infra-red capabilities, I can (For no additional charge), aim a flashlight into the specific areas needed. Mission endurance would be based on local availability of access to any fast food facilities (Burger king, Mc. Donalds, Wendy's). Covertness will be established by wearing a full diguise such as a tape-on mustache and/or a discrete clown outfit and towing a cute small dog for distraction. I can undercut big name firms by thousands and either way, You'd get that dark, grisly footage any MI-5 needs. I only charge for minutes used and for the low price of $100 per hour I am confident your dark, secret mission needs would be met, providing you with hours of NSA type cold coffee, stale pizza satisfaction. All offers considered within these parameter requirements.

The major problem with extended flight that is most difficult to solve is the control frequency and the radio power limit. Clearly the military is flying drones for hundreds of miles. A manned electric powered flew around the world. We fly gasoline powered radio controlled aircraft RC's on a radio frequency near 71 megahertz. Operation at that frequency required the minimum amateur radio license (technician). The FCC was the regulator was the regulator. They only drones were obsolete military aircraft used for target practice.

You need to forget the quadcopter and start researching a medium to long range fixed wing platform. I don't do all kinds of high speed secret squirrel [EXPLETIVE REMOVED], but I've got planes that can carry a lot of weight and fly for 2+ hours. Trying to attempt this on a quadcopter will prove to be futile.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm just curious which 3 letter agency you might work for. :):sunglasses:

Mr James Bond,
I am a mid level blue collar worker and am responding to your request. I can fulfill your drone needs of long endurance missions by holding the drone for up to eight hours without breaks and pointing it in the direction of Mr. Evil when requested. Rain does not impact my ability to hold the drone steady. As far as infra-red capabilities, I can (For no additional charge), aim a flashlight into the specific areas needed. Mission endurance would be based on local availability of access to any fast food facilities (Burger king, Mc. Donalds, Wendy's). Covertness will be established by wearing a full diguise such as a tape-on mustache and/or a discrete clown outfit and towing a cute small dog for distraction. I can undercut big name firms by thousands and either way, You'd get that dark, grisly footage any MI-5 needs. I only charge for minutes used and for the low price of $100 per hour I am confident your dark, secret mission needs would be met, providing you with hours of NSA type cold coffee, stale pizza satisfaction. All offers considered within these parameter requirements.
And if you don't hire rainman... Get a bunch of these....
Shop Utilitech 100-ft 13-Amp 120-Volt 1-Outlet 14-Gauge Red/Black Outdoor Extension Cord at Lowes.com

General Atomics MQ-1 Predator. I have a few of them and they will do whatever you need.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl