Need a little clarity on upgraded models

Reaction score
I'm sold on the phantom 2 vision but I would like some clarity on which ones have the motor and payload upgrades along with the ability to set waypoints. Do all phantom 2 visions have the upgraded motors or is it just the 3.0 model.
I see a pretty significant price difference between the vision with the mounted camera (the white round one) without the gimble and the one with the gimble and more advanced camera. I don't necessarily need the gimble and good camera and would be fine with the white camera but I DO want the motor upgrades and way points. Is the price difference just because the vision plus 3.0 has a superior camerA?

In other words do both these set ups have upgraded motors and waypoints?

http://m.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision

http://m.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus

Thanks!

The waypoints feature comes in the app - not the hardware.
Perhaps you wouldn't be so sure about wanting new motors if you read a bit more on the (P2V+) forum.
The price difference is because the P2V was superseded by the P2V+ and you have to pay for the gimbal.
The cameras are the same - they just look different.
If you are wanting smooth video or to shoot straight down, you'll need the P2V+

Meta4 said:
Perhaps you wouldn't be so sure about wanting new motors if you read a bit more on the (P2V+) forum.
The price difference is because the P2V was superseded by the P2V+ and you have to pay for the gimbal.

Thanks! For now I think I'll be fine with the less expensive camera. I would go for power upgrades but if their are bugs I can wait and install them when they get a better rep

I'm sold on the phantom 2 vision but I would like some clarity on which ones have the motor and payload upgrades along with the ability to set waypoints. Do all phantom 2 visions have the upgraded motors or is it just the 3.0 model.
I see a pretty significant price difference between the vision with the mounted camera (the white round one) without the gimble and the one with the gimble and more advanced camera. I don't necessarily need the gimble and good camera and would be fine with the white camera but I DO want the motor upgrades and way points. Is the price difference just because the vision plus 3.0 has a superior camerA?

In other words do both these set ups have upgraded motors and waypoints?

Meta4 said:

I have the P2Vision with Rotorpixel gimbal, it also takes steady video and shoots straight down.
The camera profile is the same, ie 1080p @30 fps. The P2Vision's wifi antenna is built into the camera, while the Vision Plus antenna is not. Thats the only difference. AFAIK

The new 2312 motor upgrades can be done on either model, assuming you have ver 2. ESC's.
These motors run cooler and quieter (with new 9450 props) and have additional lifting power over earlier motors.

The court is still out on whether they are any better for capturing smooth video. The old style props are flexible, and as such provide a certain amount of 'cushion', as the bird ascends and descends, or moves about laterally, therby reducing jerky movements. This was verified by owners who upgraded to carbon fiber props.

.....[Unofficially, The Vision Plus V2-V3 transmitter will 'bind' to the P2Vision [ giving you all the bells and whistles of the new transmitter.] And the Vision Plus RE700 Range Extender will also 'bind' to the P2Vision for better range.
All of these new features on the Vision Plus, can be used by P2 Vision owners with upgraded gimbals. (except the third axis) Coming soon we hope]..........

I don't believe the P2Vision owners are missing anything here...In fact, with these unofficial upgrades, the P2Vison is in some ways better than the Plus. IMHO

So the choice is, the Vision plus Ver. 3 with new motors and props, The Vision Plus, which is the first iteration of the Vision Plus, with a 3 axis gimbal. Or the Original P2Vision with a single axis (pitch motor) for the camera, which is upgradeable with aftermarket gimbals.

The P2Vision currently has several options to upgrade the gimbal, but no third axis yet, although Rotorpixel claims they are currently developing the third axis for their gimbal.

So for performance , minus 2 minutes of flight time... The new motors perform better.
There is also many reports that the Vision Plus gimbal is easily damaged when even minor crashes are involved. All 3 models of the Vision, Vision Plus and Vision Plus Ver. 3 are still available. However DJI says the P2 Vision is no longer being manufactured. And is still being sold until the inventory is depleted. All models of the Vision and Plus have the waypoint feature.
After you fly for a few weeks... I think you will want the gimbal for smooth video. IMHO

Good luck in your choice.

The Rookie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.