Neck / transmitter straps .... And do I need a "balancer"?

Reaction score
Any recommendations on a good comfortable neck strap (lanyard type strap) suitable for RC transmitters including the Phantom 2 transmitter? And will I need a balancer, as these seem to appear when doing a simple eBay search? Thanks.

Re: Neck / transmitter straps .... And do I need a "balancer

freefall101 said:
Any recommendations on a good comfortable neck strap (lanyard type strap) suitable for RC transmitters including the Phantom 2 transmitter? And will I need a balancer, as these seem to appear when doing a simple eBay search? Thanks.

It is a matter of personal taste. I suggest you start with something cheap until you decide what you think you need. You should not need to move the COG using a balancer with a stock R/C Tx unless you have FPV kit mounted on it, and even then it is difficult to get it spot on.

I was a little surprised that there wasn't a cheapo lanyard supplied with the kit, and so for my first few flights I used some thin nylon rope - it was absolutely fine. One problem I found with trying to buy a lanyard is that there are all too short (for me at least). So before you buy work out what length you might need, and check before you buy. Adjustable ones might be good.

You can easily make one. Wander through Wally World's craft section and you will find what you need.

PhantomFanatic said:
You can easily make one. Wander through Wally World's craft section and you will find what you need.

Yeah, I made mine in the end. very comfortable, and I didn't have to pay a tenner to advertise DJI ! :D

:D
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/transmitter-neck-strap
I like the security of having a lanyard on my transmitters. Find one you like that is adjustable so you can keep the transmitter at a comfortable natural position. I use an iPad mini for FPV so I shift the center of gravity away from the bottom of the transmitter to keep everything upright.

The other nice feature with a neck strap is you won't risk dropping the remote if you hand catch your bird.

Fplvert said:
:D
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/transmitter-neck-strap
I like the security of having a lanyard on my transmitters. Find one you like that is adjustable so you can keep the transmitter at a comfortable natural position. I use an iPad mini for FPV so I shift the center of gravity away from the bottom of the transmitter to keep everything upright.

The other nice feature with a neck strap is you won't risk dropping the remote if you hand catch your bird.

Thanks for the replies..... So I will have a similar setup but with a Nexus rather than iPad mini, how did you shift the centre of gravity to keep everything upright?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 838

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing