Nearly lost phantom again with litchi

Reaction score
After a few days ago I noticed that the RTH was changed to hover in litchi. So today I made sure it was set to RTH when signal is lost.

It changed automatically to hover but I thought what the heck it might just still be programmed to go home.

As I lost signal I waited, waited and waited. After a few mins I got video signal again and it was just there hovering. So I decided to press the RTH on the controller.

Now I don't trust litchi esp with doing a way point mission. I checked the log and it lost signal a few times and only once did it say it was RTH but it was also at the same time I pressed it.

Anyone else noticed this on their litchi app. Pretty scary stuff to say the least

Here is the healthy drones link

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you do look at "h" and "I" you will see that I pressed the button at the same time it was meant to do it itself. Any other times I lost signal mostly nothing happened

I'm little confused with your statements, sorry. Litchi missions don't care for signal loss as missions are loaded on to AC and it continues to complete mission even if the connection between RC and AC is lost. What you need to ascertain is that the last waypoint is in LOS so that you can decide the next action.

You can definitely cancel a mission if RC is connected with the AC else AC will not receive any commands to cancel the mission.

Are you not flying a mission?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Neon Euc
Sorry I meant that with the fact that the litchi didn't RTH on signal loss I'm worried in case it may interfere with the waypoints. I know that waypoints will be completed regardless if los is there, but if a simple thing like RTH keeps getting changed to hover in the settings then I'm worried in case it might be activated on waypoints and just hover. I did have video footage of my test so I will see what happens when I watch that. Would you mind checking your options next time your using litchi if thats ok to just to see if your RTH changes to hover, give it a few mins and check and then update me on that.. I have reinstalled the app and will start it up at home with no props and leave it for a few mins to see what happens

Sorry I meant that with the fact that the litchi didn't RTH on signal loss I'm worried in case it may interfere with the waypoints. I know that waypoints will be completed regardless if los is there, but if a simple thing like RTH keeps getting changed to hover in the settings then I'm worried in case it might be activated on waypoints and just hover. I did have video footage of my test so I will see what happens when I watch that. Would you mind checking your options next time your using litchi if thats ok to just to see if your RTH changes to hover, give it a few mins and check and then update me on that.. I have reinstalled the app and will start it up at home with no props and leave it for a few mins to see what happens

Certainly I will check your concerns and let you know about my findings.

Here is what I have noticed about this issue. I see it happen only when I have used the Go app and then use Litchi. Keep in mind that if you open the Litchi App and the AC is not connected/powered on the app defaults to Hover. Not sure why it does not save your setting on the tablet but it does save them on the AC. When you connect to the AC it will show RTH rather than Hover if that is the setting you had chosen.

Pilotage includes preflighting your aircraft and its systems.

Create a mental checklist that includes this and the battery status among other items.

SB

Thats a good point. Thank you RC I did reinstall litchi and started up the battery, then went away for 5 mins then came back and it was still on RTH so you may have found it. I will test again later when I charge the battery up, but a bit to dark to fly so I will test your theory tomorrow. But I'm pretty sure that has never happened before tho as I switch between the two apps when I change over my batteries but it's something I will def look Into

Certainly I will check your concerns and let you know about my findings.

Thank you so much really do appreciate the feedback when you report back
Here is what I have noticed about this issue. I see it happen only when I have used the Go app and then use Litchi. Keep in mind that if you open the Litchi App and the AC is not connected/powered on the app defaults to Hover. Not sure why it does not save your setting on the tablet but it does save them on the AC. When you connect to the AC it will show RTH rather than Hover if that is the setting you had chosen.

Thank you so much really do appreciate the feedback when you report back

I have altogether stopped using Go. I have yet to find something it does better than Litchi and in many cases it has many many issues that Litchi does not. I know not everyone has the same luck with Litchi as I do so your mileage my vary.

I get signal issues using Go, poor video feed, lag and other buggy behavior. I do my best to never turn Go on anymore.

Currently using Litchi 1.14.3 on iPad Air 2 and Phantom 4. Flown two extensive waypoint missions with no issues. Easy to program on the iPad or at the office on the hub. Mission upload to the AC is quick and execution is predictable. I will say I was a little nervous when I hit play the first time though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic