NDVI and Other Farming Tools

Reaction score
I'm really interested in buying the hardware and software to get into agricultural work. I watched a few Udemy courses on the subject and it seems plausible, but I read in another drone-related forum that the state where this one student was starting up his NDVI company pressed charges against him for surveying without a license. I just looked at Virginia's occupational licensing website and there are some hefty training requirements (four year degree, X number of years apprenticeship, etc.) to be licensed as a Surveyor. I plan to call on Monday to see if NDVI and other farm inspection efforts fall under these licensing requirements. Anyone have any info on this? (even if from another state's perspective)...

Reactions: gglop
No info, just an idea - couldn't you work for an established surveyor? It might also give you an immediate customer list even though your per-client income would be shared.

Reactions: BigAl07
I'm really interested in buying the hardware and software to get into agricultural work. I watched a few Udemy courses on the subject and it seems plausible, but I read in another drone-related forum that the state where this one student was starting up his NDVI company pressed charges against him for surveying without a license. I just looked at Virginia's occupational licensing website and there are some hefty training requirements (four year degree, X number of years apprenticeship, etc.) to be licensed as a Surveyor. I plan to call on Monday to see if NDVI and other farm inspection efforts fall under these licensing requirements. Anyone have any info on this? (even if from another state's perspective)...

Interesting twist. What have you found so far? I'm wondering if the use of new tecnology would allow the activity to be viewed as other than conventional Surveying. If you are not trying to establish the legal boundaries of property lines, but are just estimating the area of a portion of a property, there would be far fewer legal requirements involved. Am I grasping at straws? This is a really interesting topic.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers