NAZA V2 location and size of the circuit board... thoughts

Re: NAZA V2 location and size of the circuit board... though

To answer your original question - moving it sideways will NOT affect it. I've mounted them 2 inches off center in 450s, 550s and others and they work just fine - just make sure it's pointed correctly (low side forward) and you'll be ok. Now go Fly!

EMCSQUAR said:
To answer your original question - moving it sideways will NOT affect it. I've mounted them 2 inches off center in 450s, 550s and others and they work just fine - just make sure it's pointed correctly (low side forward) and you'll be ok. Now go Fly!

Sweet... Thanks :D

I wish I could go flying, we've got great weather forecast for the entire week.
I'm trying to add iOSD to my FC40 Phantom Model: P330D, V2.0.0, while it's on the bench.

DJI says I can't... so now I must. ;)

It looks like I have to change the board because I haven't found a "CAN Bus hack" for my circuit board: WK 300 CTRL V4
http://www.sarawuth.com/2014/01/dji-pha ... -bus-port/ Is for a different board. :(

Thanks for all the input folks.

Now I'm going to work on the the circuit board and plugging in the iOSD.

The gyro and accelerometer (collectively, the IMU) are most sensitive to the CoG given the further away from it they are, the more motion they will experience per degree of rotation. The compass is influenced by rotation. If you tilt it even slightly, you will get a reasonable azimuth error (take note you wide landing gear folk) which can be fixed with tilt compensation algorithm.

What I don't know is if in order to adjust the compass for rotation, you need to apply tilt and positional information of the compass to accurately compute the compensation value. The positional part I am not sure about and my brain starts to hurt if I look at the math for too long.

Some interesting reading if you're feeling nerdy: http://www.cypress.com/?docID=49962

ianwood said:
The gyro and accelerometer (collectively, the IMU) are most sensitive to the CoG given the further away from it they are, the more motion they will experience per degree of rotation. The compass is influenced by rotation. If you tilt it even slightly, you will get a reasonable azimuth error (take note you wide landing gear folk) which can be fixed with tilt compensation algorithm.

What I don't know is if in order to adjust the compass for rotation, you need to apply tilt and positional information of the compass to accurately compute the compensation value. The positional part I am not sure about and my brain starts to hurt if I look at the math for too long.

Some interesting reading if you're feeling nerdy: http://www.cypress.com/?docID=49962

ianwood, I thought you liked me. Your suggested reading looks like a pint of tequila... A headache in a bottle! As an author, Vadym Grygorenko is great, and when I have some time I'll take a longer look. ;) He makes the writers at DJI look like 4th graders :lol:

So, I've got some conflicting information on top of other conflicting info. All things considered, I have a very limited distance I can actually move NAZA. I'm not putting it outside the fuselage. I'll move it, align and level it and tie my bird on a short leash for a few tests. If the GPS/Compass module gets in my way, I'll put it on a mast, as many multi-rotors do.

Before flight I will connect to the NAZA assistant and fill in the distances between the center of the GPS/Compass module and the CoG in X Y & Z axis. I will at that point consider that if the GPS locations are not accurate I may oscillate, loose control and crash. Been there, done that. Not worried. Will have multiple video cameras operating. ;)

Thanks folks, I think I'm caught up to this point. What do you think - yes, no, almost?

So, who knows about the Circuit Board issue??? :D
I need an upgrade so I can stick iOSD on my FC40.

You may also want to see this link which I interpret as making Naza equidistant between ESCs

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/MC

It would have been so much easier to read this book from back to front.

I'm still listening, studying and thinking.

The replies just keep getting better.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl