Naza V2 assistant doesn't find Naza-M Flight controller

Reaction score
I´m trying to update the flight controller in my Phantom 2, Version 1 that has the Naza-M flight controller.
I´m trying to update it with the Naza-M V2 assistant since only the V2 assistant can upgrade the firmware on the Naza-M to 4. something.

And that should be fully doable to update the Naza-m controller with the V2 assistant.

And the Phantom 2 is connecting fine with the P2 assistant software, but not the V2 assistant software.

I have tried it on 3 different PC´s and 1 Mac computer. The PC´s had Win 8.1 + Win XP in VMware Fusion mode with Mac and finally with a Win 7 PC.
The Mac was with 10.9.5 OS X.

On the PC´s when i try to install the DJI Win drivers it says that it doesn't find any new driver for DJI products or something along those lines, but i can see in the Device manager that it says DJI something, so it seems to have installed the drivers by itself, on the Win 7 it started to install the drivers from the DJI Win driver software.

But the Naza-M V2 assistant does not find the Phantom 2, version 1, not on any of the 4 computers.
When i open the V2 assistant it don't move forward from the initial window that appears before it opens the software, the only way to make it move forward is to press the word "Skip" in the initial window.

This is very frustrating and it is suppose to work, even the Phantom 2 assistant tells me that there is a 4. something update and that i need to download the V2 assistant.

I would be really glad for some help or ideas. Thanks.

Last edited:
Yes i have learn by now that thats the case, i just thought that the Naza-M V2 assistant seemed to have a lot more functions and seem to be far ahead of the PT2 assistant, and i saw videos of people updating their Naza-M Flight controller with the Naza-M V2 assistant, and then they were able to update their Naza-M to version 4.02 instead of 3.14 which is the latest for Naza-M, and that firmware update seemed to give a lot of new features if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, i have by now learned that the Phantom 2 controller don't use the same software as the original Naza-M controller, so it is unfortunately not possible to do what i wanted to do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic