NAZA - Home Lock

Reaction score
Quick question. Is it feasible, when flying in NAZA mode (assumed out of sight), to fly (up) to an altitude well above any perceived obstacles (trees, steeples etc) prior to activating the S2 Home Lock. What S1 switch position would be required for increasing the altitude? Cheers - NoRush :)

I may not totally understand your question. S1 has nothing to do with how high you fly..that is done with throttle. Next..if you can't see it, how would you know how high you are unless you have telemetry etc. You have not stated what you're flying.

Assuming you were flying in gps mode anyway (S1 in upper position), then yes, gaining some height to be sure of a clear path back would be prudent. Just left stick up first, for a few seconds, careful not to go crazy high. Then flick S2 to home lock and pull back on right stick and bobs your uncle.

Yes Home Lock requires GPS, Course Lock does not.

I actually did a test this morning with my P1. As said above...HL needs GPS..CL does not. I flew out a ways in front of me and off to one side to be sure HL was working ok when I pulled back on right stick.. It was. When HL brings the quad back to starting point where you aquired CL and HL..when it gets to about 30 feet out, it goes to course lock. SO, if you fly it behind you in in CL, HL no longer will bring it back to home point. Solution....while craft is behind you, flip S2 to off and back to HL and it comes back to home point again with right stick down until it gets within the 30 feet area and goes back to course lock and reverses direction. . Actually fun to do.

Great experiment Monte55. Does the result of your experiment suggest that HL mode does not auto land and "shut-down" the drone at its home point? I'm trying not to confuse S1 RTH & S2 HL modes!

Home lock does not auto land. All it does is know where home point is..and if you are out and get confused as to where the quad is or the way it is facing...switching to home lock with S2 and pulling back on right stick will bring it back home. You must be in top position with S1 which is GPS mode.

But in either HL or RTH, you must be sure at startup you have locked in CL and HL for it to work. Also be sure the quad is facing the direction you will remember for course lock to work as you would expect. Otherwise when returning in home lock mode and it switching to CL when it gets close, it may take off in another direction. Home lock is just to bring it back close enough for you to take control again.

OK, I'll bear that in mind with my trials. Thanks again. After a windy Spring season (normal) in Auckland New Zealand we have just finished a relatively calm summer and so far also for the start of our autumn season. Winter is usually relative cool but calm; i.e. we have only rare weather extremes - so here's looking forward to lots more flying to try out out these new tricks. Currently 28.5 C (83.3 F) with 10 km/h winds.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT