Naza 3.16 Application WTF?

Reaction score
This is weird. I know about all the issues with upgrading to the new firmware people have reported. Ive experieced them myself. But this takes the cake. I was doing an advanced calibration and looking at my "mod" number for the GPS. I kept seeing really low numbers but the light wasnt blinking that the GPS was off. Then I noticed that the box that displays that number is smaller then the two above it! I could barely make out a "1" before my reading in the mod column after I looked again.

(I put the red line in to show the column issue)

Its not the only shotty peice of code.The "Advanced Calibrate" button isnt even displayed properly. Someone just kinda put this firmware and software out there without really checking it and its causing all kinds of headaches.

Attachments

• Screenshot-(1).jpg
    Screenshot-(1).jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 587
Hi I am running into the same problem as you but I have an additional problem in GPS Mode Phantom flys in ever increasing circles to a point if I didnt switch back to ATTI mode it would certainly crash.
I am in the Southern Hemisphere (Australia) not that it should be a problem but I do recall early DJI gear with an gps issue down under.
I also have a Naza M V2 in a Scarab frame and that is the sweetest thing to fly the GPS Lock is Rock Steadi, and quite frankly I fly it more than the Phantom, But it Bugs the living hell out of me as to what is the Problem with the Phantom, if you say there is junk code in the Assistant what else could be happening.
Cheers, John.

That sounds like it could be a compass calibration error. Does this happen consistently at multiple flying sites? Do you routinely recalibrate the compass (sometime referred to by DJI as 'GPS calibration') at the flying site? If not, you might want to try that. DJI recommends recalibrating the compass at each time you move to a new flying site. And it only takes a few seconds and at worst does no harm...

Steve

Johnno said:
Hi I am running into the same problem as you but I have an additional problem in GPS Mode Phantom flys in ever increasing circles to a point if I didnt switch back to ATTI mode it would certainly crash.
I am in the Southern Hemisphere (Australia) not that it should be a problem but I do recall early DJI gear with an gps issue down under.
I also have a Naza M V2 in a Scarab frame and that is the sweetest thing to fly the GPS Lock is Rock Steadi, and quite frankly I fly it more than the Phantom, But it Bugs the living hell out of me as to what is the Problem with the Phantom, if you say there is junk code in the Assistant what else could be happening.
Cheers, John.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj