National Associations.....

Reaction score
I have muted this suggestion in the midst of threads about bandit quad flyers and their mindless cousins who sow drone/ quad/ multi rotor mistrust and present all quad flyers as idiots taking photos of nudes or people in pools or other private situations.
This and other forum can debate this till the cows come home... but out in the world nobody is listening...why? Because we are an irritating minority operating without regard to any laws having any qualification or insurance...therefore a public liability.
The RC airplane clubs had all this situation generations ago...they got there act together and created clubs under a national association with top level representation, insurance cover and a set of rules which in the main are upheld by its members.
Now I admit I have never been a member and I don't know the "small print" of their rules or organisation structure....but in my view, the sooner "we" get a similar world wide structure or affiliation to the main bodies of the RC structure...lone voices will be lost dying to defend those of "us" who don't go cloud chasing.
The sooner we could escape from the association of "drones" the better!
Again I have mentioned scuba divers? Long ago I bought a guys scuba gear and just started diving...lucky
I met a couple of guys who helped me get safe! These days you cannot go on vacation and five if you do not have certification...without no insurance and boat wil take you out.
Without a formal structure and smart guys to deal for us at top level, my guess is that the likes of DJI will be forced to build in limitation...which with us not in the no fly zones.

Just my views and opinion......

There are strengths in numbers. The AMA has over 30,000 strong for hitting up the politicians but imagine 60,000 strong. The.Acamedy of model Aeronautics is our spoke voice. Support them for a small fee and get free insurance. Just fly within their guidelines and your craft is covered. Need more info just holler .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20