My review of the P4p+ Obsidian

Status
Not open for further replies.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Question please....
Can the Pro 4 plus be used to pre plan flight routes or do i need to actually fly the route and mark way points? KP

Did I miss something or is the obsidian just a color package?

lol, couldn’t help yourself could you

Here’s a tip. If you want to be another (successful) bedroom youtuber then first go research what’s out there already, who’s successful (as inspiration), and don’t late to the game. You basically did an unboxing video (not a review) of a product that has existed for 2 years with only a color change. No new information here. Hundreds of existing through reviews already exist. Offer something unique and informative and you’ll see your subscribership go up.

You should have fired it up and done some shots of you flying it.
You should have fired it up and done some shots of you flying it.
Here is my YouTube channel: Owen Williams
My most recent vids are from the p4p

Wow. “Crapple”. What an adult.

Certainly not many adults working in Foxcon building their stuff. Forced abortions suicide nets and horrendous working conditions. But I do hope you as an adult enjoy your apple products.

Oh please stop. You mean Foxconn that makes everything including Samsung. Leave your bs phony rage somewhere else and your pseudo clever name calling that automatically and unfairly categorized other people in these forums for their choice in hardware. It’s not needed here and as I said before it’s not very adult.

You seem to be the one angry here. Apple is a joke. They have good hardware if you don't mind being led around on a leash.

I hold this thread up as a shining example of everything wrong with these forums: what started out as a an unboxing video, I’m sorry, “review,” of an AC who had a color change by a bedroom wanna-be blogger teen, has strayed so far off the reservation with a couple guys each screaming from the rooftops how the other isn’t listening. Congrats. You all win the internet.

Bonus points for bringing in the ghost of Steve Jobs. That’s a great touch.
I’m not a bedroom blogger, I’m a drone pilot who is telling my subscribers that I got a new drone....I just decided to post it here on a whim

All of you, no one really cares of your opinion. You have made your points, right or wrong, and now it’s just getting out of hand, so please just stop and get on with your lives instead of writing essays on why the other person is wrong..

Last edited by a moderator:
Here’s a tip. If you want to be another (successful) bedroom youtuber then first go research what’s out there already, who’s successful (as inspiration), and don’t late to the game. You basically did an unboxing video (not a review) of a product that has existed for 2 years with only a color change. No new information here. Hundreds of existing through reviews already exist. Offer something unique and informative and you’ll see your subscribership go up.
I am not a bedroom YouTube, I’m a drone pilot...the video is not actually a review it’s really a video to update my subscribers on YouTube to what I will be flying, that’s why I labelled it a hands on video on YouTube...I posted it to here as a ‘review’ because I saw it was doing quite well

Last edited:
Reactions: whitelineNI
P4 pro+ Is a waste of money. Wasted hours loading apps as posted to get 3rd party apps to work, playstore will not work no matter what, not allowing anything else to run, tried Litchi, Drone Deploy, and several others. Need to fly planned routes for business. This is not the right drone for the task. POS. DJI really screwed this one up! SOOOOOOOO lame of them to offer GS Pro mapping app that only runs only Apple systems and not their overpriced Crystal Sky. Worst marketing bungle I have ever seen.

P4 pro+ Is a waste of money. Wasted hours loading apps as posted to get 3rd party apps to work, playstore will not work no matter what, not allowing anything else to run, tried Litchi, Drone Deploy, and several others. Need to fly planned routes for business. This is not the right drone for the task. POS. DJI really screwed this one up! SOOOOOOOO lame of them to offer GS Pro mapping app that only runs only Apple systems and not their overpriced Crystal Sky. Worst marketing bungle I have ever seen.
I think you forget that not everyone uses 3rd party apps like you...I didn’t use other apps even with my old drone which is why the p4p+ is perfect for me and many others...just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean other people don’t

Reactions: Timinator
Would not need 3rd party apps if their's did waypoints. Why limit a top end product so drastically. I am sure if you knew how to use waypoints to take multiple photograghs an area them stitch it into one huge high resolution photo you would also enjoy that feature. If not you, I am sure many others would. Just because you don't know the potential of what you own doesnt mean others don't.

I did my research and knew going in that it was a closed system and unable to load third party apps. Since I also knew what my missions were going to be and what I wanted out of it, it was perfect for me. I've had the plus for about two months now and really like it. If my needs ever change, I can always get a non-plus controller and buy a tablet.

I did my research and knew going in that it was a closed system and unable to load third party apps. Since I also knew what my missions were going to be and what I wanted out of it, it was perfect for me. I've had the plus for about two months now and really like it. If my needs ever change, I can always get a non-plus controller and buy a tablet.
Yes, you absolutely can. But why should you have too? I didn’t actually buy the P4 pro +. Another unsuspecting client expecting that the higher priced version was better did and asked me to help make it functional for the same tasks we do with a P4 and Inspire 2. I am not able to. A perfect example of poor product development and marketing. I am thrilled you are enjoying your limited functioning drone at a premium price. I just want others to beware.

For me it wasn't a premium price and it wasn't a question of it being a limited functioning drone. I didn't have a tablet, didn't want to buy a tablet, and wanted a bright screen which is exactly what I got. If I wanted to buy an ipad and the drone in my market, I was looking at a much higher price than what I paid for the P4P+ which was on sale at the time.

Actually, the screw-up is on the part of anyone who buys the P4 pro+ without doing any research and simply assumes it will do whatever they want because it costs more.
The price is higher because the regular P4 pro has no tablet included and the + model has an expensive high brightness tablet.
DJI has never made any secret that the pro+ doesn't run 3rd party apps.
Look at the P4 pro FAQ and in the remote controller section you see this:
10.Can I download other apps onto the Phantom 4 Pro + remote controller display?
No. Currently the Phantom 4 Pro + controller does not support downloading additional third party apps.
Take a couple of minutes on Google or reading forums like this and you find the same information.
It's been widely discussed ever since the week the P4 pro+ was released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31