My remote identified my phantom 4 as inspire 1

Reaction score
Hi, my phantom 4 remote identified my phantom 4 as inspire 1 after I update the firmware. So i can't use either the DJI GO 4 or DUI GO. I plug my phone only it ask me to use DJI GO, but mine is phantom 4 which is not found in DJI GO. Can anyone please help me??? Thanks.

Reactions: Jim Canada
Hi, my phantom 4 remote identified my phantom 4 as inspire 1 after I update the firmware. So i can't use either the DJI GO 4 or DUI GO. I plug my phone only it ask me to use DJI GO, but mine is phantom 4 which is not found in DJI GO. Can anyone please help me??? Thanks.
I have the same with P3P
I found that restarting the tablet with the controller connected fixes it.

I am having the same problem

I tried to link the remote to the drone manually without using the app, but it can't. It's look like something happened to the remote.

I tried to link the remote to the drone manually without using the app, but it can't. It's look like something happened to the remote.
I found this online and it worked for me

(Phantom 4) remote controller is not connecting. App saying it's the remote for Inspire 1? (self.dji)

submitted 5 days ago * by Maxenman

(((SOLVED)))

So, this is just the tip of the iceberg of the problems I've been having with my drone today, but it is the most pressing one.

Earlier today, when I went out to take some photos with my phantom 4 it told me to update the firmware before flying. Running out of daylight I rushed inside to update the drone. I downloaded the DJI assistant and got to work. After what seemed like the update, i went outside, still not updated. I went inside and tried again. It didn't work. It kept failing, and I kept trying. I googled, but to no avail, since nothing seemed to work.

Then, i turned on my controller, to see if there was an update there, and there was. After downloading, it began installing, but it failed. Now it's changed quite a few things. The status led is now a light blue, and the controllor turns on with a single press of the power button. However that's not the strangest. after connecting it, the DJI GO 4 app told me this was the controller for the inspire 1, and prompted me to download the app for the earlier drones. I did, but it didn't help.

I am left with a drone that won't update and a controller that won't connect, update or relink.

I am very distraught and I have no idea what to do.

Has anyone had the same problem(s)? And is there a way to solve them? Is my drone/controller bricked? If anyone has any answers it would be greatly apprectiated.

(Also, when trying to update the drone i get the error code 0003, if that helps.)

• 3 comments
  • deathxbyxtaxes 1 point 4 days ago

Ok, try this. Open the Go app, with your controller connected and on. On the splash screen with the photo of the drone, hold down the little hamburger menu in the top left corner for at least 10 seconds. When you release it a firmware menu should pop up for the controller. Select the version number in the middle of the screen, scroll down the oldest version it will let you, select save and refresh the firmware. When it's done restart your remote and follow the props to update it in the app.

I'm confused. I'm having the problem where ever since a failed firmware update my P4 remote has a different color in the all the way left LED, which I didn't really recognize until reading someone else's comment about there's being a different color, and when trying to get into GO 4 app it says I have an Inspire 1 and I need GO for drones before P4. No matter what I do, I can not access GO 4. So, how can I go about going to find a 'hamburger' icon on the 'Splash' screen? Which, although I've been flying DJI for quite some time, I'm not familiar with what and/or where either are. Are they in GO 4? Or, regular GO? I can not seem to access GO 4, at all. Just a screen that says I have an Inspire and if I click GO it only takes me to Google Play Store to download the older GO app.
I've spent almost 5 hours on the phone with 6 different DJI techs and we've accomplished nothing. They just wound up sending me a return authorization # and prepaid postage sticker. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY do NOT want to send yet another drone back!!!!!
Anyone, PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!

(Phantom 4) remote controller is not connecting. App saying it's the remote for Inspire 1? (self.dji)

(((SOLVED)))

So, this is just the tip of the iceberg of the problems I've been having with my drone today, but it is the most pressing one.

Earlier today, when I went out to take some photos with my phantom 4 it told me to update the firmware before flying. Running out of daylight I rushed inside to update the drone. I downloaded the DJI assistant and got to work. After what seemed like the update, i went outside, still not updated. I went inside and tried again. It didn't work. It kept failing, and I kept trying. I googled, but to no avail, since nothing seemed to work.

Then, i turned on my controller, to see if there was an update there, and there was. After downloading, it began installing, but it failed. Now it's changed quite a few things. The status led is now a light blue, and the controllor turns on with a single press of the power button. However that's not the strangest. after connecting it, the DJI GO 4 app told me this was the controller for the inspire 1, and prompted me to download the app for the earlier drones. I did, but it didn't help.

I am left with a drone that won't update and a controller that won't connect, update or relink.

Has anyone had the same problem(s)? And is there a way to solve them? Is my drone/controller bricked? If anyone has any answers it would be greatly apprectiated.

(Also, when trying to update the drone i get the error code 0003, if that helps.)

• 3 comments

Ok, try this. Open the Go app, with your controller connected and on. On the splash screen with the photo of the drone, hold down the little hamburger menu in the top left corner for at least 10 seconds. When you release it a firmware menu should pop up for the controller. Select the version number in the middle of the screen, scroll down the oldest version it will let you, select save and refresh the firmware. When it's done restart your remote and follow the props to update it in the app.

(((SOLVED)))

• 3 comments

(((SOLVED)))

• 3 comments

The exact same thing happened to my P4. However I took a more offensive approach and uninstalled GO since it was now useless, and downloaded Litchi. Problem solved! No more updates needed and Litchi has performed flawlessly and I consider it superior to DJI GO. I still can’t understand why anyone would continue fighting DJI’s updates with all the problems they have created!

DJI does not appreciate their customer base as evidenced by their highly trained “Customer Service” staff. They do their job exactly as they are directed to by the systematic steps they require the customer to comply with in order to get answers. Yes they really sound concerned when you first call but when that advice is proven useless and a followip call(s) made they know nothing about your original call even if you have a Case number. And, you keep getting passed from tech to tech and then department to department hoping you’ll just go away! I fought with them a month getting this treatment until they finally sent me a new P4 to shut me up AFTER I paid the “repair cost” on the original one that actually flew inverted into the ground from 200 feet because of “pilot error”. (Try that sometime!). However in DJI’s incompetent Customer service department they actually REMOVED THE SPRING CLIPS HOLDING THE PROPS! This made the new P4 useless for flying and it took numerous phone calls and emails to finally get these parts snail mailed FIVE WEEKS LATER!

Sorry about my rant against DJI but everyone should know what to expect should they have to contact them!!!!!
Jim
WA5TEF

The issue:

After upgrading the RC (P4 remote control) Im getting the following message:

Current dji device: inspire 1

Use the dji go app for this dji device

The Solution:

1. From the market install the DJI GO from drone BEFORE P4.

2. In the PHOTE/SETTING/APPS reset the DJI GO and the DJI GO 4 apps defaults.

3. Turn off the RC, make sure it connected to you phone and turn it back on

4. The phone will ask you which app to choose DJI GO or DJI GO 4 choose DJI GO

5. When the app is up make sure the chosen device is inspire 1

6. Wait 3 sec and long click on the menu at the upper right corner.

7. In the downloading firmware to select the version 1.5.80 and install it.

8. Disconnect the RC USB and turn on your drone P4

9. Connect the RC to your phone again and it will tell you now that this is a P4 remote and will ask you to use the DJI PRO 4 – load this app.

10. The DJI PRO 4 will ask you to upgrade your RC – upgrade it.

11. Now the RC is working again and you will be able to fly.

Good luck

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik