My Phantom 2 Flew Away....

Dirk....why do you always like everybodies posts...literally everyones.. I dont get it???

Dirk....why do you always like everybodies posts...literally everyones.. I dont get it???
Maybe I just like them ! I don't like them all see .. didn't like yours

Ya Got Em Good.gif

Bit late now......but if you get another and need some stickers this site make great quality ones

http://www.uavstickers.com/products-dji-phantom2.php

Ive gotten the 'reward' ones down towarss bottom of page. I live in Aus so kinda silly it saying tracked by US lol... but maybe it will make people more scared..was actually going to ask to have mine changed from "US" to "AUS" but eeeh doesnt matter.

Also arm band stickers are much better quality than stock DJI ones. You can peel them off/put back on 100 times and thry remain sticky/perfect for the most part.

This guy makes MUCH better battery stickers.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/leemacdesign2014?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

The gold version of these battery labels would be fantastic for phantom 3's
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DJi-Phant...t=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item3aab3ad779

Hmm yeah you're right. You liked mine on page 1 and the 3 or 4 directly above. Stopped looking after that.

Just asked cause you like a large number of posts in a row quite often. Sometimes if the person writes literally anything lol.. thought maybe there was a per-per-like system or sonething I was not aware of.

Was just curious is all :]

Turns out you just like stuff, lots heh :)

All good..carry on as you were!

Reactions: dirkclod
Hmm yeah you're right. You liked mine on page 1 and the 3 or 4 directly above. Stopped looking after that.

Just asked cause you like a large number of posts in a row quite often. Sometimes if the person writes literally anything lol.. thought maybe there was a per-per-like system or sonething I was not aware of.

Was just curious is all :]

Turns out you just like stuff, lots heh :)

Justin..If I start a topic and someone takes the time to read it and post in it I am gonna like it .If I see something that I find funny or can relate to I like it .Maybe I see someone post something being nice to someone else I will like it .
As far as liking
literally anything
I don't . Sometimes there might be more to one that everyone else might not be aware of
why but the person I give the like to. They don't cost nothing and sometimes I think someone just needs it !
Like a smile sometimes :)
Now why you found it necessary to ask me that on the page instead of in a conversation I don't know , but that's ok !
And as far as
it is and I never stopped ! :)
And since ya took time to come back and address your statement ...I'm gonna like it too :):D:):D

Reactions: Shwane and IflyinWY
Sorry to hear you lost your bird. I'd be devastated if mine flew off. I've put a lot of time and money into it.
In regards to your comment about the diamond moving around a lot, I've had the diamond move around quite a bit on the screen as it tries to find the best place to put it to indicate where I am in the equation. The further away I am the less reliable that really seems to be as a good indication of where I am. I've flown towards the diamond, only to find it slowly move to one side or the other as the bird gets closer, and the unit recalculates where to put it to indicate my location. It really is only an indication until you're relatively close. The good thing is that at larger distances, it only needs to be a rough indication, it will still have the bird headed generally in your direction sufficiently for it to be getting closer not further away.

The diamond was moving around A LOT. Way more than just average adjustments etc. It was completely disoriented. I always calibrate well so I know that was not the issue.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, I had the same thing happen to my P-2 and I was able to recover it in the woods with my Tracker, you really should get one, that is if you get back in to this hobby.

joe

Well, getting in to this hobby alerts you to the fact that GPS is not infallible and, like any radio based system, it has it's issues with interference and ionospheric propagation problems that severely degrades the accuracy of the GPS system. So much so that it becomes pretty much useless for flight navigation.

Well, getting in to this hobby alerts you to the fact that GPS is not infallible and, like any radio based system, it has it's issues with interference and ionospheric propagation problems that severely degrades the accuracy of the GPS system. So much so that it becomes pretty much useless for flight navigation.

Probably the same reason cars won't reliably become autonomous self driving units that we can jump into and be chauffeured to work while we read the newspaper, not any time really soon. Not if they use GPS as their sole means of navigation. The unit in my car will every once in a while get disoriented, and show me as some distance away from my actual location. Not exactly something you want to have happen if it's doing the driving.

Now why you found it necessary to ask me that on the page instead of in a conversation I don't know , but that's ok !

Just figured I would ask in the thread as I wasn't being negative (well I didn't intend to be if it sounded like I was).... was just curious is all :)

Basically the home beacon (the diamond) on my video downlink began to change position. I was looking in my monitor at a still image of the mountains but the home beacon was moving around.

I did not have visual on the craft at that point so I couldn't return to home manually either.
I did not have visual on the craft at that point well, sort of the first mistake...

Nah, I didn't. DJI just offered me 30% off of a Phantom 2.....It's an insult. I could see 50% off a Phantom 3 or 30% off an inspire 1 but why would I PAY them again for another phantom 2 with the same known GPS issues...

Be careful...brand loyalty is pretty high here from what I've seen. LOL

Think of it this way, If you crash your car 6 months after you bought it, will the dealer give you another? Maybe if you could prove it was definitely equipment failure.

If DJI just said yes to everyone, then those that crash their birds into walls, water, etc would simply say it flew away. In fact, plenty would try it for no reason just to get something free. So they can't just take your word for it.

From your posts it does sound like there were a couple more things you could have done better...maybe. Either way, it sucks. I can't imagine I'll ever fly to a point I can't see it.

I'm sure this is a stupid question but I'll ask anyway, if you have got your limits set at for example 400ft High and 500mts away as is the legal setting for the UK, in the event of a flyaway will it stop at the set distance set limit then stop?
BTW mine is a v1.1.1

Teccer, that's only going to work if the GPS is working. Otherwise, no, it wouldn't stop.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj