My P3P Goes Up In Smoke!

Good video that, the choice and timing of the soundtrack you put with it was spot on. Soundtracks make the video for me. Nice work.

LOLOLOLOLOL I didn't think a simple, short, somewhat unique video would bring such varied responses including (imo) political ones. I guess where there's smoke, there's FIRE! That's really funny. I like this forum for its diversity and generally all around knowledge.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
Does look like mainly steam, in colder weather condensation might be a risk but only similar to heavy cloud or fog.
Interesting subject, let's see more like this much better than another field or suburban scene that frankly is a bit boring if you don't know where it is.

If you notice, I didn't go into the "smoke" until I had good altitude, which would have allowed the steam to not be as moist as it would be closer to the stack. Personally, I like unique somewhat different shots and try to find venues where they are.

Reactions: taroh
Mine went up in smoke back in May.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: manofword
Did a previous shoot in this same location with P2 w/GoPro & Black Pearl and didn't come near the quality & stability of the P3P.

Nice video -- I need to find a spot like that to fly. Something where there perspective is so dramatically different from the air. And I guess DrewFlies missed the rainbows at about the 1:15 mark.

Good video. The P3 seems so much smoother than ots predecessors.

Some on here will be old enough to remember when our industry in the "west" looked like this current scene in China.

It may be a different part of our planet, but ....
Pollution-In-China8.jpg

Nice Vid!
:) thanks. I'm not a photographer or a videographer, but the plant was about a mile away from the park so I figured wtf, I'm gonna test the range.

You had a more artistic approach, even if it is evidence of the demise of all mankind ;) . Cheers

Reactions: Apparition
Like exposed limestone, concrete actually absorbs CO2 (after it's made) if anyone really cares.
The process of making it is very energy intensive but has been made far more efficient than in the past.

The visible plume of water vapour is of no particular concern although the shade from it could be somewhat annoying especially in the winter.

Reactions: jeffreyi
Like exposed limestone, concrete actually absorbs CO2 (after it's made) if anyone really cares.
The process of making it is very energy intensive but has been made far more efficient than in the past.

The visible plume of water vapour is of no particular concern although the shade from it could be somewhat annoying especially in the winter.
Yes making cement has improved its efficiency enormously,the change from wet to dry kilns, the use of alternative fuels, and the use of alternative raw materials etc have all helped. Not sure about absorbing CO2 after production,yes lime mortar does but cement?
I am no expert,just read a lot of stuff.

Did a previous shoot in this same location with P2 w/GoPro & Black Pearl and didn't come near the quality & stability of the P3P.

Awesome video!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.