My P3P came in today (Funny story)... and brief comparison of new motors.

What model # is on the back of your transmitter George ??

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
If you are talking about the Remote Controller, it is GL300B

My transmitter is also a GL300B product box is labeled W323A for body and GL300B for transmitter.

Yup ! Thanks George

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I brought a P3A last week and it's W322A, is that an old model?! With some design faults?

Not at all.

Some people are a bit nuts on here when it comes to having the latest and greatest. To the point of returning a product to get the "newer" one because it's magically better somehow.

I personally rather have the "older" motors than the new. I find the raised boxy type motors add far more grip when putting on/removing the props vs the flat surfaced motors ;)

Enjoy!!

P3P=W323, RC=GL300B, old motors, black fan here. This is Australian authorised distribution.

Drone firmware 1.3.20. Latest firmware on the RC and latest GO App. No issues.

My rc says GL300C. And I don't judge anyone hunting for the latest model. While I got my p3p model by chance, I remember the Xbox 360 (big body) and how different versions were refined to prevent issues. 2 RRoD and I knew what to look for on a new console and I'm still using my old one now.

And I also enjoy these little investigations into what's different on things. It's fun and shows evolution of a product.

Reactions: wooglin
Wow... kinda crazy.

My rc says GL300C. And I don't judge anyone hunting for the latest model. While I got my p3p model by chance, I remember the Xbox 360 (big body) and how different versions were refined to prevent issues. 2 RRoD and I knew what to look for on a new console and I'm still using my old one now.

And I also enjoy these little investigations into what's different on things. It's fun and shows evolution of a product.

I have an original Xbox 360 as well and went through quite a lot of trouble to find the one that was refined to the point of being reliable. I believe what we are seeing with DJI is hopefully an evolution from lower volume niche products that are not as refined to higher volume products that demand refinement based on high warranty risk to the company. Amazing that in the short run for the P3 there are three known revisions with the second being the most significant.

I'm starting to think that maybe all the p3 's crashing unexplainably may have the old motors and ESC centre board. And DJI realized this issue and revised the affected hardware ?

What do you think wooglin ?

Ah another good idea

I'm now wondering if the new firmware is somehow optimized for the 800kv motors and when the p3 is pushed its overloading the mosfets on the older centre boards with the 960kv motors? Reminiscent of what seemed to be happening to some people when DJI revised the motors on the p2v+ and ran them with the old esc's and people were having issues ??

I'm starting to think that maybe all the p3 's crashing unexplainably may have the old motors and ESC centre board. And DJI realized this issue and revised the affected hardware ?

Not certain from the logs I have read. I have had the past few weeks off and have been in OCD mode on this forum and many of the accounts I have looked at seem to have errors by the pilot at the start of the flight. It is very important to make sure that when you take off a good checklist has been followed concerning all of the systems that are required to assure that the craft has the highest possibility of returning if signal or error occurs.

A few highlights from my checklist:

1. Physical inspection of props, and other hardware.
2. Power up
a. Compass calibration over non metallic surface. If I am launching from concrete I move to grass to perform calibration and then return to launch spot.
b. If GPS drops or does not acquire cleanly (example switches from GPS to Atti back to GPS) then all system components are powered down and I return to start of step 2.
3. At launch warmup is performed at six feet to assure that systems are ready for flight.
4. Flight commences

This is not my entire checklist, but examples of the types of details that I follow.

Reactions: ObiDon

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj