My P3a not maintaining exact position in GPS

Reaction score
Hi,
My p3a was performing well before travel, but after i have transported it with me on an airplane, and after i have tested it for the first time after the transportation i noticed that it doesnt maintain an exact spot while hovering in GPS mode (note: satellites connected:13). Please if anyone could help it would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Hi, i normally calibrate the compass before every flight but i didn't calibrate the IMU because the status was normal for it.

I do calibrate the compass before every flight but since the status of the IMU was normal i didn't calibrate it.

I will calibrate the IMU then the Compass and check out if it works.

i noticed that it doesnt maintain an exact spot while hovering in GPS mode

What exactly do you mean by "not maintain an exact spot"? Does it drift around within three meters or does it slowly wander off?

SB

It does drift around within that distance but i mean is it because of the low number of satellites since sometimes it is connected only to 11 or is there something wrong, i want to make sure if there is a problem in order to fix it.

I mean it goes in different directions slowly as if it was in a circle of a radius 1 meter.Is that normal??

if it just drifts within couple feet that's pretty normal, if it was drifting away slowly then you would need to do an IMU calibration and it would fix it
but if you have 7 or more satellites you are good.

A WAAS enabled GPS device (like the P3A and P3P) are accurate to within three meters or less 95% of the time. In reality, most of the time it should stay in a one meter box, more so laterally than vertically.

13 satellites tells me it's receiving a mix of GPS and GLONASS satellite data. If this were just a GPS capable receiver (and not GLONASS), five or six would be fine. The number of sats isn't the issue.

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't think it's your GPS. IMU Perhaps.

You wouldn't be in that Nevada/California country that could be affected by GPS jamming right now are you?

SB

Hi, actually i am in the middle east, but i will calibrate the IMU and the Compass ASAP, but thank you for the really helpful information and help.
Best regards.

Hey guys this is to tell you that i have calibrated the IMU and the COMPASS and that i have accomplished a successful flight where my drone had 20 satellites connected and hovered exactly in place. Thanks for your help☺☺

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl