MY new Phantom 3 or my Family

My wife got so mad when I told her that I gonna spend a $1399 dollars in a drone, She said "is too much money for a toy" she stop talk to me for three weeks,
After a month of waiting, finally my new PHANTOM 3 professional arrive!! ... I try to make it fly in front my wife, I read all instructions and nothing, my wife was laugh like crazy , Im felt like a worm.
I make my research for a explanation , some rumors, but nothing from DJI,I can believed DJI have no a note or an excuse, or a e-mail explaining this problem about the IOS app.
Come on DJI, I trust you with my $1300 for advance for more than a month, you delivery your product at the date you want , incomplete , because I ordered with two batteries and I just get one, with no a simple note " wait for your battery in a second delivery".
My wife said that I so fool and selfish for spend 1300 dollar in a junk toy , I try to make her understand with no luck, so she told me if I can make fly my P3P before May 10th, I have to burn it to ashes or she gonna move with her mom and take the kids with her , and I agree.

Come on DJI , help me ..... Don't let me down!!
Only 5 more days to go bro :eek:
Is not looking good but do keep us in the loop on this issue ;)

Ahh, Ignoramus Stupendous here, but don't these things come with a freaking controller?

If you are wondering why I don't know, it's because I am going to wait until they can fly properly before I spend any amount of time doing research on the P3. Fix the bugs and I'll have one the next day.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Why turn this into Android/iOS flamewar? They both are fine. Android has the app, iOS doesn't yet. It doesn't mean iOS would be worse. Android just happens to have different app submit flow. Apple is more strict with the quality of their Appstore.

My advice for this "wifegate" situation is that borrow P2 from someone and fly with it or get a cheap Android device until the iOS app is finally released :)

[QUOTE="IflyinWY, post: 370991, member: 16597
Fix the bugs and I'll have one the next day.[/QUOTE]
I'm kinda in your camp, WY. Although I think the IOS app will be less buggy, I think waiting for a P3 from a second or third production run couldn't hurt. Plus the fact I'm a loyal Amazon Prime member makes my decision to wait easier.

My wife got so mad when I told her that I gonna spend a $1399 dollars in a drone, She said "is too much money for a toy" she stop talk to me for three weeks,
After a month of waiting, finally my new PHANTOM 3 professional arrive!! ... I try to make it fly in front my wife, I read all instructions and nothing, my wife was laugh like crazy , Im felt like a worm.
I make my research for a explanation , some rumors, but nothing from DJI,I can believed DJI have no a note or an excuse, or a e-mail explaining this problem about the IOS app.
Come on DJI, I trust you with my $1300 for advance for more than a month, you delivery your product at the date you want , incomplete , because I ordered with two batteries and I just get one, with no a simple note " wait for your battery in a second delivery".
My wife said that I so fool and selfish for spend 1300 dollar in a junk toy , I try to make her understand with no luck, so she told me if I can make fly my P3P before May 10th, I have to burn it to ashes or she gonna move with her mom and take the kids with her , and I agree.

Come on DJI , help me ..... Don't let me down!!

Hey the ios app is out. It's time for vindication!

Record in 4k when you fire it up in all its glory in front of your wife, and post it here please.

Reactions: Ezookiel
images4HKE7OJ0.jpg
Told ya'll he be saved !

Reactions: IflyinWY
I was so happy to hear that the IOS App has come out and your wife will stay with you. I always love a happy ending to every story. Let's hope your Drone doesn't fly away on you now. :)

I really hope the OP's story isn't true, that's so sad! Glad that the app is out now, though.

Makes me appreciate my wife all that much more. I was in a similar situation when I got my P2V+ last year. Normally I discuss stuff like that with her first to make sure it's cool with our finances, etc. but I just went ahead and bought one. When I told she was all "Good for you, you deserve it". She's the best.

I sold my P2V+ and then had to get my mate to buy the P3 and I gave him the cash.... it's now arrived - I picked it up from him and told my wife it was a cheap "upgrade" to my P2V+....

The things we do for marital harmony....

Reactions: J.James
These are funny, keep em coming.

Hey David,
Have you got an update for us? I love this show "As the props turn"... :D

Reactions: dirkclod
I played the game a little differently. I invited my wife to attend our local DJI New Flyers Experience so she can get a feel for flying under the watchful eye of someone at whom she can't scream and hit. ;) Well, she was so pumped she actually looked at the Inspire 1 and said, "How about that one?" I smiled ear to ear. Frankly though, I couldn't really justify spending that money for what I do (which isn't much) so we're waiting for all you beta testers to give the all clear on the Phantom 3. Learn, young grasshopper.:cool:

I played the game a little differently. I invited my wife to attend our local DJI New Flyers Experience so she can get a feel for flying under the watchful eye of someone at whom she can't scream and hit. ;) Well, she was so pumped she actually looked at the Inspire 1 and said, "How about that one?" I smiled ear to ear. Frankly though, I couldn't really justify spending that money for what I do (which isn't much) so we're waiting for all you beta testers to give the all clear on the Phantom 3. Learn, young grasshopper.:cool:

Welcome to the party Esver,
Great story. Does she have a single sister? :D

Well, she was so pumped she actually looked at the Inspire 1 and said, "How about that one?" I smiled ear to ear. Frankly though, I couldn't really justify spending that money for what I do

No man! You're doing it wrong! Green light means GO!
Sheesh.

First- you need the app.
Next - you need to activate the drone.

That is why you couldn't fly. Why can't DJI spell this out. Why such a mystery. I think there is a problem with the translation. I never knew about the activation BS before my first flight. Sucked!

Sounds like both of you need to do more research then just trying to fly the **** things. Everybody knows you have to calibrate and set it up. Its not just charge and play toy. Please dont hurt anybody out there with your lack of research.

Sounds like both of you need to do more research then just trying to fly the **** things. Everybody knows you have to calibrate and set it up. Its not just charge and play toy. Please dont hurt anybody out there with your lack of research.
Welcome to the forum Mike .

Yea, welcome to the forum.
We try not to slam folks, for the most part. ;)

The games us men play. By a stroke of good fortune, the expected delivery of my P3 has coincided with some of the cheap doors in our house being replaced by more expensive oak veneered ones.

We started to run out of money when we built the house more than twenty years ago, and it was something we planned to rectify when we had the money.

The joiner does very good work, but doesn't appear to own or use a spirit level. As a consequence, some of the handles are just the tiniest tad off plumb.Mortal man wouldn't notice but my wife is a perfectionist and she's so pissed at the joiner just now, the Phantom is arriving right under her radar.

She has such a good eye for what's level or not, I might even get her to check my gimbal. :)

Yea, welcome to the forum.
We try not to slam folks, for the most part. ;)
I fully understand and agree. I just have no remorse over these type of careless people. Were talking about someone possibly getting extremely hurt or killed because these people are flying something they know nothing about. How much do phantoms weigh 1lb-10lbs? Yeah I'm sure 5lbs of plastic falling from 400 feet in the air won't just be an "accident". I don't take this lightly as our beloved hobby is in jeopardy because these ignorant people.

Reactions: GoodnNuff and Skyy
I fully understand and agree. I just have no remorse over the type of careless people. Were talking about someone possibly getting extremely hurt or killed because these people are flying something they know nothing about. How much do phantoms weigh 1lb-10lbs? Yeah I'm sure 5lbs of plastic falling from 400 feet in the air won't just be an "accident". I don't take this lightly as our beloved hobby is in jeopardy because these ignorant people.

Well mike, if you don't know what it weighs, why are you here.

You're on a really short one-way street, from what I can see.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl