My new P3P Microraptor Backpack!

Reaction score
Hey team, I have the new Microraptor Pro Case backpack. I am attaching two photos for you to review. I just got it so haven't had time to do everything with it but I can tell you the zippers, stitching and padding construction appear to be very high quality. My initial design improvement observation would be to simply put a two-way strap over the Phantom rather than one with a single buckle to secure it. The foam on one side kind of pulls in tightly and over time could cause the foam to get out of shape when you tighten it down.

This pack has a TON of storage plus it comes with 3 "hard" divider panels as well. I am digging this, now time to fly and see how quickly I can get into the air with the setup!

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    251.8 KB · Views: 978
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    267.1 KB · Views: 917
Hey team, I have the new Microraptor Pro Case backpack. I am attaching two photos for you to review. I just got it so haven't had time to do everything with it but I can tell you the zippers, stitching and padding construction appear to be very high quality. My initial design improvement observation would be to simply put a two-way strap over the Phantom rather than one with a single buckle to secure it. The foam on one side kind of pulls in tightly and over time could cause the foam to get out of shape when you tighten it down.

This pack has a TON of storage plus it comes with 3 "hard" divider panels as well. I am digging this, now time to fly and see how quickly I can get into the air with the setup!

The carry strap I like that...I mite add one to the dji back pack.

Just checked that out on their site and almost look's a little big .
$170.00 , Not bad ! Here's a Picture I got off the site .
TAN_BACKPACK_-_BACK_e6e26ef8-779d-4f25-a4e4-2ff854df2853_large.jpg

Just checked that out on their site and almost look's a little big .
$170.00 , Not bad ! Here's a Picture I got off the site .View attachment 20281

I will get a pic showing the scale a little better than their stock photo. It isn't that big, I think she is that small. As you can see it is an expandable solution with plenty of foam storage slots as well as interior and exterior storage slots.

Reactions: dirkclod
Looks awesome for hiking or just outdoor exploring and being at least a bit stealthy. Looks too big for carryon though :(

I will get a pic showing the scale a little better than their stock photo. It isn't that big, I think she is that small. As you can see it is an expandable solution with plenty of foam storage slots as well as interior and exterior storage slots.

Looks awesome for hiking or just outdoor exploring and being at least a bit stealthy. Looks too big for carryon though :(

This pack would easily go into carry on overhead storage. It really is smaller than the picture of the small girl wearing it would suggest.

I just received the same one yesterday. It's really nice! And lower in price then most of the other quality backpacks.

How long is it? Looks like ~24". Nice to fit all props installed but I personally would rather take off one pair to shorten the overall length.

Reactions: jlo
How long is it? Looks like ~24". Nice to fit all props installed but I personally would rather take off one pair to shorten the overall length.
  • Black Tactical Duffle / Backpack with Blue Customized Foam Set designed for DJI Phantom 2 Vision / eyesight+ (DOES NOT INCLUDE DJI PHANTOM OR ACCESSORIES)
  • Fabric: 1000 Denier Cover
  • Backpack/Over the Shoulder/Duffle Bag Colors: Black and Tan
  • Zippered Top Access, Multiple Compartments
  • 45 Liter Backpack, 5lbs with Foam Set, Approx Dims 24 x 15 x 9″

1. Carry-on bag. The maximum dimensions for a carry-on bag are 9 inches x 14 inches x 22 inches (22 cm x 35 cm x 56 cm), including handles and wheels.

That does look like a nice backpack!

I took it out to the field today and launched from it and everything. I would say this is a fantastic setup for me. I was able to get the bird up in less than 90 seconds on my first use of the bag and my configuration. Normally it would take me 3-4 minutes depending on the situation. I will get more pics in a day or two.

Foam insert appears to be identical to the insert in the Microraptor hard case for $199. My hard case arrived today, plenty of room for everything with room to spare. Very happy with it. I took out the thin foam insert under the Phantom and put my soft visor hat on top of the Phantom in case, this holds down the Phantom so no pressure is put on the props when in the hard case. Camera still clears bottom of case by about 1/4 inch with plastic gimbal protector on.

I just got one of these & like it a lot, but... Anybody take it on an airplane as carry on yet? It is 2" over carry on size standards. I'd HATE to have to check my P3 in this bag. Plenty of protection while in my possession, but not enough crush/toss protection for baggage handlers.

Okay, I have the P3... so what is your final opinion on the Microraptor Pro Backpack?

Looks like a nice pack, lots of storage, great design and expandability. However the big no for me, is no foam on top to protect it while in transport.

There are so few options out there that have foam on the top to protect while traveling. Given how I take my P3A in the car, backpacking, travel having the extra protection is a must given these are not cheap.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31