My first video ever!

Reaction score
This is my first attempt at making a video for my real estate business. I really don't know what I'm doing Flying the Drone or editing video. I just kind of went for it! Anyway, looking for some constructive criticism, or just advice on how to make things look smoother and more professional! Please try to overlook the oversaturation.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Looks good to me , only thing I would recommend is to try and stay away from the shots. Other than that looks great but then again I'm not a professional.

Sent from my SM-G925V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Rance
Hey Rance, nice work. My $0.02...

1) slow it all down in flight. Slower is better, you can always speed it up in post.

2) follow through on the shot... The sequence over the pool headed towards the house ended too soon imo and should have been taken all the way to the house, then you could cross-fade over to your next shot before the end.

3) shoot the same thing different ways.... Pull outs/fly in's from the front and back, plus ascents/descents from over top with & without slight rotation.

Great video though, and these are just my opinions.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hey Rance, nice work. My $0.02...

3) shoot the same thing different ways.... Pull outs/fly in's from the front and back, plus ascents/descents from over top with & without slight rotation.

Just to clarify... the reasoning behind #3 is it gives you more flexibility in post while cutting it all together. You won't use it all, but you'll have the choice of which you like best to use. I can tell you from much experience that what you think you're shooting and how it's going to look, and how it actually turns out isn't always the same, so it's always better to have more than you need.

But aside from that, VERY well done for your first run at it!! Keep flying and shooting!

Just to clarify... the reasoning behind #3 is it gives you more flexibility in post while cutting it all together. You won't use it all, but you'll have the choice of which you like best to use. I can tell you from much experience that what you think you're shooting and how it's going to look, and how it actually turns out isn't always the same, so it's always better to have more than you need.

But aside from that, VERY well done for your first run at it!! Keep flying and shooting!
Appreciate it! And I can already tell that you're completely right. Most of the shots I used weren't the shots I intended to use while filming. Also agree on the pool shot. I think it was more nerves than anything, it was Hella windy by the lake that day and I was super nervous that my $1000 investment was going to take a swim. I appreciate the helpful tips!

If you haven't done this already, to slow things down a bit to make your movements ultra fine, try these:

1. Extend the sticks out about 1/4" by unscrewing the tops and adjusting them to be longer sticks. The longer they are the better, slowing down your stick movements.
2. Buy some stick knobs, rubberized knobs that slip on the sticks. This helps to make the sticks even longer and easier to make slightly movements with your thumbs.
3. Adjust your exponential curves in the GO app to make the initial 20% of movement of the sticks provide very little input to the craft. Again, to slow down each movement command.
4. Adjust the pitch rate of the camera in the GO app, slowing down the speed of the up and down pitch.
5. Adjust the yaw rate down in the GO app to slow down the rate of yaw left and right.
6. If you have a P4, fly with obstacle avoidance on in P mode, this will slow things down and help avoid getting to close to things.

Reactions: Rance and Suhail78
If you haven't done this already, to slow things down a bit to make your movements ultra fine, try these:

1. Extend the sticks out about 1/4" by unscrewing the tops and adjusting them to be longer sticks. The longer they are the better, slowing down your stick movements.
2. Buy some stick knobs, rubberized knobs that slip on the sticks. This helps to make the sticks even longer and easier to make slightly movements with your thumbs.
3. Adjust your exponential curves in the GO app to make the initial 20% of movement of the sticks provide very little input to the craft. Again, to slow down each movement command.
4. Adjust the pitch rate of the camera in the GO app, slowing down the speed of the up and down pitch.
5. Adjust the yaw rate down in the GO app to slow down the rate of yaw left and right.
6. If you have a P4, fly with obstacle avoidance on in P mode, this will slow things down and help avoid getting to close to things.
I've been reading into all of this lately. Who knew that the sticks were adjustable!?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers