My experience with 1.3.005 firmware upgrade

Geez, I feel sorry for you man. I hope you have better luck from here on forward.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

One thing DJI stipulates is that the bird & the TX have at least 50% or more power. Your TX looked to be about half way, I'm not saying thats what caused you issues but it couldn't hurt it to charge it up before a firmware update. ;)

One thing DJI stipulates is that the bird & the TX have at least 50% or more power. Your TX looked to be about half way, I'm not saying thats what caused you issues but it couldn't hurt it to charge it up before a firmware update. ;)

Half way would be 50% power right? Besides, it had more when I started.... Also, if one looses signal strength at that close distance, or ANY for that matter at 50% battery, there is a REAL problem.

Thanks for your reply!

Last edited:
Half way would be 50% power right? Besides, it had more when I started.... Also, if one looses signal strength at that close distance, or ANY for that matter at 50% battery, there is a REAL problem.

Thanks for your reply!
I'm having second thoughts about doing this upgrade. Hope you can get yours going.

Thanks for your reply!
Yes it is, but I wouldn't start a long trip in my car on the minimum, or half a tank of fuel. And does not have anything to do with signal strength. Like I said, that may or may not be the problem, but it is worth checking into.

I'm having second thoughts about doing this upgrade. Hope you can get yours going.
I did get this working that night. It crashed once, and I had to restart the process. The PHantom wifi was gone, even with a few restarts.

Then I deleted the DJI GO app, and re-uploaded that.

Then I "forgot" the phantom network in the phone, and re-searched for it and entered the default wifi password.

I may be able to fly it this weekend.

After the last update, it had this really weird oscillation, then corkscrewing. I recalibrated the compass so it went away the first time I tried to fly it. The second time after that, the oscillation was back.so we will see what this one does.

I read advice a long time ago that said "if your quad flies well, don't update the firmware no matter what" In this case, to do that, you have to make sure your outside cell, or wifi network that leads to the internet is off before opening the DJI GO app, and connected to your quad.

Otherwise, it won't let you fly unless you update first.

Good luck!

I guess you just can't dismiss the App saying there is an update?

You don't have to do the update but you will see it evertime
You open the app. I updated the app and firmware the other nite
And had no issue 's and have flew it twice .
Everything was fine and only thing I saw differant is I know have
1080/60fps .
Didn't lose any distance which I had read was a problem .
Is why I had waited to do it and hope there's nothing in the update
We don't know they slipped in .

I flew mine today, and saw no issues. In the past, it wouldn't let me fly? Strange... I had driven out to a field, and couldn't get it it fly no matter what. I had to come home, connect to the house wifi and update. Strange. I thought it always had 1080, 60fps. I always fly mine in 2.7k, so I never noticed. I just thought it always had that...

Cool. Well I may just do the update and take my chances. But I am a chicken-****...lol
Is there a place where you can get all of the "old" bin files? Would be nice in case you wanted to go backwards.

I flew mine today, and saw no issues. In the past, it wouldn't let me fly? Strange... I had driven out to a field, and couldn't get it it fly no matter what. I had to come home, connect to the house wifi and update. Strange. I thought it always had 1080, 60fps. I always fly mine in 2.7k, so I never noticed. I just thought it always had that...
No it just got the 60fps in this update. My PC is not fast enough to do 2.7 :(
Is there a place where you can get all of the "old" bin files? Would be nice in case you wanted to go backwards.
Do not think you can with the Standard or just never seen where anyone has .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic