My drone turned upside down and fell out of the air... Now totally damaged.

Reaction score
Hi. I would like to hear some opinions on what went wrong? I was flying manual, then stopped going forward and start to turn around to fly back. The camera was set at 2 sec intervals.
My equipment and statistics:
Phantom 3 Professional; Standard controller + Cellphone Samsung S9; Height 60m; Drone battery about 47%; Basically no wind. Photos were still coming in non-stop during turning. Distance away about 1700m; (I know the distance is far but the signal was still indicating strong!
DJI_0229.JPGDJI_0230.JPGDJI_0231.JPGDJI_0232.JPGDJI_0233.JPGDJI_0234.JPGSee last pictures...

As mentioned, we would need to see the flight logs for analysis. Prop loss is a possibility, but without the data it is speculative.

Reactions: BigAl07
As mentioned, we would need to see the flight logs for analysis. Prop loss is a possibility, but without the data it is speculative.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-05-31_[11-29-38][1].txt
    550.5 KB · Views: 357
  • DJIFlightRecord_2019-05-31_[10-39-12][1].txt
    367.4 KB · Views: 341
Good day to you guys... Thanks for the reply. I have now uploaded the last two logs... I hope it is the correct files?

Thanks a lot for the graph and feedback!
What could the reason be for turning upside down if not a faulty prop? I was wondering if I maybe turned around too fast?

As a last resort... One of my surveyors had his GPS Base station very close to directly below the point where things went wrong... Any possibility that the GPS signals could had an affect on the drone?

No, GPS is not a factor.

Reactions: Hunter25
That's an unusual flight record - the aircraft does appear to have rolled inverted and descended at 27 m/s (60 mph). It does not have the normal telemetry signal of a lost prop.

View attachment 111688

Please help me get with the rest of the class. I downloaded the files , they auto opened as a text file that looked to me like Enochian (lol).

What do I need to do or learn about to be able to open these correctly? And Where is a good starting place to learn these thing?

Thanks

Please help me get with the rest of the class. I downloaded the files , they auto opened as a text file that looked to me like Enochian (lol).
They need to be converted. Upload the file to this link: Log Viewer
Instructions are on the link. From there you can use the viewer or download the .csv files.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj