my Dji phantom fc40 will not start when the battery door is shut?

Reaction score
my Dji phantom fc40, will not start when the battery is connected and the battery door is shut? It will only start after shutting the door if the quadcopter has previously been armed whilst the door is open. I am very confused and i was wondering if this was normal behaviour of the quad, if anyone else has this problem or knows why this happens please leave a message.

As described, something’s not right. Has it always done this or recent development? Any wires binding or snagging anything as you insert the battery pack? There's no switch or anything like that on battery door.

I would open the shell and investigate further. Qualify how the battery pack rests/sits in the battery compartment, etc.

I purchased this quad second hand, i have not yet opened it up. I will look into it further. thanks for the advice.

Ya there is nothing with the door its self that should cause any thing like that and its got to be some thing to do with the door pushing the battery or the wires and causing some sort of connection to break. Common points of failure tend to be right at the solder joints were the 2 power wires from the battery plug go in to the main board. and it could be a bad connection at one of them solder points and they are pretty common to hear of them coming off in flight and thats never good.

and the other spot thats common to have a problem is right at the point were the wires go in to the battery plug. They tend to break right under the insulation right about the very end of were the soldered part of the wire ends and back to twisted flexible wire. And when they break they tend to be very intermittent and the break stays hidden under the shrink wrap and insulation on the wire. Were as the other end on the board if the wire comes lose it usually comes right off and is harder to miss then if its at the plug end of the wire.

So i would check the plug and the solder joints there first.. Give each wire a tug and wiggel them around at the point were they go in to the plugs pins with the battery plugged in and try to see if the thing trys to turn on and off as you mess with the wire. If so, you have a break were it goes in to the plug and would need to be resoldered in to the solder cup on the plug and re shrink wrapped. If not there at the plug end. Then i'd take a look at the main board and the soldering on the wires were they go in to the board being thats a critical circuit.

And if not there Then I would start looking for more mundane causes such as maybe a hair line crack in the main board or some thing that moves when the battery and wires get pressed in from the door being closed on it.

One good thing tho... What ever it is be glad its some thing that happened on the ground and not after you took off and are flying and have it lose power. Its way not fun.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic