My biggest fear.....

Reaction score
My Phantom 3 came last Friday. Flown it several times so far and it exceeds my expectations!

However, my biggest fear is that when I'm coming down from 400 feet, that I will push down too hard on the controller and shut the props off.

Solutions? Am I the only one that worries about this?

My Phantom 3 came last Friday. Flown it several times so far and it exceeds my expectations!

However, my biggest fear is that when I'm coming down from 400 feet, that I will push down too hard on the controller and shut the props off.

Solutions? Am I the only one that worries about this?
It doesn't work like that. Full throttle down will only shut off the props if after 3 seconds the bird has not descended further (ie, it has landed)...

No, can't happen. As long as the P3 is sensing movement, it won't shut off the props. If you hold it on one place in the air (as intentionally trying to hand capture), it will happen. Don't worry

That was my fear too for a while, I forgot where I read it but that function(holding the throttle down) doesn't work until the phantom isn't descending anymore. Basically it won't shut them off until it actually lands and isn't going down no more.

The motors will only stop if the bird is stationary for about three seconds.

The only way you could stop the motors inflight would be a CSC. (The way you start the motors.)

Is the "CSC" the both down and in or down and out maneuver? If you did that inadvertently the thing would drop out of the sky?

Reactions: mmee1992
Is the "CSC" the both down and in or down and out maneuver? If you did that inadvertently the thing would drop out of the sky?
That's one topic that is quite clear from the manual.
i-ZhRNmjb-L.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic