My best height yet

Except that the original poster is not flying in FAA land.
He is in England where they do have laws.

Oh well then in that case my bad. I thought they said they were in Alabama were the nanny state has not quite caught up to telling every one what they can and can not do and needing the queens or gorge soros permission to go to the bathroom with out a permit yet.

Were the biggest danger would be if they hit one of the Alabama mosquitoes were if they are even 1/2 the size people say it would of probably caused a busted prop and a crash in to a swamp or empty farm field. Or at worse hit some ones moon shine still.

crash1sttime said:
And for those who are asking, what about height limits, why am i going so high, arent i afraid to crash etc etc then let me just say this, im in a large open field with no one around for half a mile in either direction, i'm not in a flight path or near an airport and if i dont push the quad to its limits, someone else will.

And above all I love to live life on the edge.

You adrenaline junky LOL

Got my respect for going the extra, just because you can and it's there. ;)

And some of us wonder why people get into the hobby if not to find out just how far the limits can be pushed, as i said im in an area where its safe for me in both the height and the distance without any come back from anyone[/quote]

You clearly have no idea about aircraft. "i'm not in a flight path or near an airport" shows your ignorance. Light aircraft and microlights (which I fly) do not have flight paths and that is why you have a 400ft maximum height limit. Idiots like you cause real pilots like me, considerable risks. The day a **** like you takes out a piloted aircraft, this hobby will be over.

Posting a video of yourself doing it is even more stupid. It's like filming yourself running red lights in your car! You're asking to get prosecuted.

:?:

Speedo said:
And some of us wonder why people get into the hobby if not to find out just how far the limits can be pushed, as i said im in an area where its safe for me in both the height and the distance without any come back from anyone

You clearly have no idea about aircraft. "i'm not in a flight path or near an airport" shows your ignorance. Light aircraft and microlights (which I fly) do not have flight paths and that is why you have a 400ft maximum height limit. Idiots like you cause real pilots like me, considerable risks. The day a **** like you takes out a piloted aircraft, this hobby will be over.

Posting a video of yourself doing it is even more stupid. It's like filming yourself running red lights in your car! You're asking to get prosecuted.

:?:[/quote]

+1

Speedo said:
Light aircraft and microlights (which I fly) do not have flight paths and that is why you have a 400ft maximum height limit. Idiots like you cause real pilots like me, considerable risks.

Made me look up UltraLights which is what I assume you mean by "Light aircraft and microlights". It does not appear that you have a pilot certificate to fly them and training takes 10-20 hours. So are you a "real" pilot if you fly a microlight? Or where you a real pilot before you stepped into the microlight world?

terrylowe said:
Speedo said:
Light aircraft and microlights (which I fly) do not have flight paths and that is why you have a 400ft maximum height limit. Idiots like you cause real pilots like me, considerable risks.

Made me look up UltraLights which is what I assume you mean by "Light aircraft and microlights". It does not appear that you have a pilot certificate to fly them and training takes 10-20 hours. So are you a "real" pilot if you fly a microlight? Or where you a real pilot before you stepped into the microlight world?

In the UK you must hold a valid license to fly a microlight. The minimum height that light aircraft, microlights and helicopters can fly (over people) is 500ft which is why Drones are limited to 400ft.

I fly a Phantom Vision and Microlight, and adhere to the UK laws for both!

So your saying that I'm an idiot for going so high, this coming from a man who is essentially in a seat with a big fan behind him and some wings, I'm not saying your an idiot but if your brave enough to strap yourself into a hand glider with an engine on the back them I'm brave enough to occasionally break the rules.

Oh and there are no micro lights flying over where I fly, this was taken into account when I flew as high as I did.

Lastly if your going to buy a quad costing over £900 pound and never push its limits then you may as well have bought a cheap Hubsan quad and saved yourself some money.

Life is about pushing the envelope of what we can do. And I like to push the envelope

Someone once said " don't argue with idiots they just drag you down and beat you with experience", that being said I'm stepping away from this thread, if you want to carry on debating my supposed act of stupidity then your welcome to

crash1sttime said:
So your saying that I'm an idiot for going so high, this coming from a man who is essentially in a seat with a big fan behind him and some wings, I'm not saying your an idiot but if your brave enough to strap yourself into a hand glider with an engine on the back them I'm brave enough to occasionally break the rules.

Oh and there are no micro lights flying over where I fly, this was taken into account when I flew as high as I did.

Lastly if your going to buy a quad costing over £900 pound and never push its limits then you may as well have bought a cheap Hubsan quad and saved yourself some money.

Life is about pushing the envelope of what we can do. And I like to push the envelope

Someone once said " don't argue with idiots they just drag you down and beat you with experience", that being said I'm stepping away from this thread, if you want to carry on debating my supposed act of stupidity then your welcome to

You're!!! :lol:

crash1sttime said:
And for those who are asking, what about height limits, why am i going so high, arent i afraid to crash etc etc then let me just say this, im in a large open field with no one around for half a mile in either direction, i'm not in a flight path or near an airport and if i dont push the quad to its limits, someone else will.

That being said thats it for distance tests.

It is not only not being close to an airport and in the path of (What BTW)? Have you checked the charts before doing this? i don't think so. Helicopters, gliders, ballons fly legally at this height, you should not, you are not allowed. Period. And there is nothing to test about heights limits. As long as you have enough battery and the air is dense enough, you can climb. do you think you can reach the stratosphere? I wish the CAA to start watching youtube a bit closer and identify and fine these unbrained "pilots"... :(

dirkclod said:
Meta4 said:
Except that the original poster is not flying in FAA land.
He is in England where they do have laws.
In their specific regulations Article 167 states:
The aircraft must be kept within the visual line of sight (normally taken to be within 500 m horizontally and 400 ft vertically) of its remote pilot (i.e. the ‘person in charge’ of it). Operations beyond these distances must be approved by the CAA.
Does the CAA call a uav operator a ....remote pilot ...? Just asking as you seem to be up on those regulations .

Yes, Remote Pilot... Capital R, Capital P :)

Electric Warrior said:
crash1sttime said:

You adrenaline junky LOL

Got my respect for going the extra, just because you can and it's there. ;)
+1 !

Sorry. Not impressed. Don't see the adrenaline. Your quad went up. It came down. Big deal. Try chasing a car on a drag strip or a wakeboarder on a lake. That takes skill.

Only problem chasing a car is ya might catch it and then what ya gonna do ?
Chasing a wakeboarder sounds cool if ya can swim ;)
It's whatever cranks ya tracter and impresses you !

To the original poster - Congratulations! I have made a copy of your video, screen grabbed your post, and have contacted the UK CAA about your idiotic flying with links to both your videos.

Don't bother trying to delete the videos, because as I have already said, I have downloaded a copy of them. Frankly, your stupidity sees no bounds - this is as one other poster mentioned, like filming yourself speeding whilst driving through a red light.

The vertical limit from where you take off in the UK is 400ft - not seven times that. Well done.

dontflystupid said:
To the original poster - Congratulations! I have made a copy of your video, screen grabbed your post, and have contacted the UK CAA about your idiotic flying with links to both your videos.

Don't bother trying to delete the videos, because as I have already said, I have downloaded a copy of them. Frankly, your stupidity sees no bounds - this is as one other poster mentioned, like filming yourself speeding whilst driving through a red light.

The vertical limit from where you take off in the UK is 400ft - not seven times that. Well done.

And, just what do you think you accomplished, Barney?

The usual fearmongers in the forum have already called the OP stupid, ignorant, and more. If no adverse incident resulted from this flight then the authorities would never hear of it, and probably never care. However since you went all Deputy Fife on the OP, all you have done is add to the negative perception that the CAA already has. You have done more to harm the hobby than the OP did.

Just thinking, plenty of youtube videos of bikers riding at 180mph on "safe" roads. Sometimes they get prosecuted by the police, sometimes they die.
It doesn't mean that bikes get banned because a few adrenelin junkies flout the law.

dontflystupid said:

Nice first post there.
Makes me think of this:

Attachments

• crying-girl.png
    crying-girl.png
    122.1 KB · Views: 383
SteveMann said:
dontflystupid said:

And, just what do you think you accomplished, Barney?

The usual fearmongers in the forum have already called the OP stupid, ignorant, and more. If no adverse incident resulted from this flight then the authorities would never hear of it, and probably never care. However since you went all Deputy Fife on the OP, all you have done is add to the negative perception that the CAA already has. You have done more to harm the hobby than the OP did.

+ 0.5

It must be fulfilling to see right and wrong so clearly and life in limitations and excesses.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj