My best height yet

Reaction score
Having bought an RE700 unit for the Vision, ive been experimenting with distance tests, at the moment i can get 2526ft, as shown in this Mobizen screen capture, it tends to get a bit hit and miss as you need to keep the controller pointed at the craft, i find that having the side of the quad facing you gets the best distance and use the red arrow on the app to maintain your straight line to the quad

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkjtOiuubzI[/youtube]

And finally what height can you hit straight up ? well again this was a trial and error, i was looking to see what crapped out first, the FPV or the contol signal, well sorry to say i never found out as the first thing to crap out was my backside, when i hit an astonishing 2700ft, bad luck was that the mobizen app crashed out and i never got a screen recording. However here is the video of the height and yes that's snow in the clouds, I didn't know it was snowing but did feel a spot of rain on the ground.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqEc_bQX7hg[/youtube]

And for those who are asking, what about height limits, why am i going so high, arent i afraid to crash etc etc then let me just say this, im in a large open field with no one around for half a mile in either direction, i'm not in a flight path or near an airport and if i dont push the quad to its limits, someone else will.

And above all I love to live life on the edge.

That being said thats it for distance tests.

captej26 said:
Some wonder why our hobby is going to be strangled...

And some of us wonder why people get into the hobby if not to find out just how far the limits can be pushed, as i said im in an area where its safe for me in both the height and the distance without any come back from anyone

captej26 said:

Must be a young person me thinks, had his wrist slapped and didn't like it, have the courage of your convictions, if your going to make a comment then be prepared for the answers you will invariably get

dirkclod said:
Did I see a pot of gold at about 11:30 into that ;)

:lol: you spotted it well done, i purposefully turned round to face that, if it hadnt been for the low battery i would have gone in for a closer look, might be a new use for quads, finding the gold at the end of the rainbow :lol:

Must be a young person me thinks, had his wrist slapped and didn't like it, have the courage of your convictions, if your going to make a comment then be prepared for the answers you will invariably get

Whis is exactly why you ended your OP with:

And for those who are asking, what about height limits, why am i going so high, arent i afraid to crash etc etc then let me just say this, im in a large open field with no one around for half a mile in either direction, i'm not in a flight path or near an airport and if i dont push the quad to its limits, someone else will.

And above all I love to live life on the edge.

That being said thats it for distance tests.

So really, you did expect these types of comments from those who respect (and perhaps fear) the law, riiiiight?
So you shouldn't get snippy with comments that are bound to follow your post.

As for me, I would never fly that high here in the Puget Sound, but hell yeah I'll do it when I'm in the eastern part of the state or other barren areas of the West! Just once at least.

crash1sttime said:
captej26 said:

No... I said all i have to say. " Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

GoodnNuff said:
from those who respect (and perhaps fear)the law
So you shouldn't get snippy with comments that are bound to follow your post.

Ouch you just lost my respect

GoodnNuff said:
but hell yeah I'll do it when I'm in the eastern part of the state or other barren areas of the West! Just once at least.

Nope you just gained it again ;)

captej26 said:
" Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Which my dear sir is why i refuse to argue with you.. :lol:

captej26 said:

What a good sport!!

Whenever you want to test it, come to Mississippi. Nothing but mosquitos fly over us... ;)

captej26 said:
terrylowe said:
captej26 said:

What a good sport!!

Whenever you want to test it, come to Mississippi. Nothing but mosquitos fly over us... ;)

MORE HERE!!!!!

Ah....didn't catch your location until just now. Yup. The Louisiana State Bird is the mosquito. You guys have monsters. We may have fewer aircraft overhead than you though.

What does haveing respect for the law have to do with someone not obeying laws that dont even exist? and sence when does some thing being legal or not legal change if its right or wrong to do?

If some one wants to fly in the middle of no were were there is no danger of any thing other then THEM LOSING there own phantom and nothing more then no one else needs to get there panty's in a bunch over it. and no its not going to harm any ones hobby being even if it crashes and busts no ones going to care to go make any law to prevent some other unfortunate from crashing and damaging there phantom.. nore would any one know about it other then the person whos phantom it is that loses in and has it smash in to bits in the middle of no were.. Its not like they are flying it over a city or some place were there is even any chance of it hurting any one or thing.

Tho I will agree its probably not the wise thing to do to fly it that high being there is a good change of it crashing and some one being out a good chunk of change. But hey its there money being lost and no one else. In less they are doing what the kid who was using his dads did and flew up to a few 1000 feet and could not descend before it ran out of battery and did a swan dive. But even then thats for his dad to be mad about or not and not any one elses place to get all argo about being its not there money that got smashed to bits. Tho if some one wants to advise how it was not the best thing to do is completely different then people hating on the person as if they them selves have never ever done any thing that in retrospect was not the best thing to do.

J.James said:
What does haveing respect for the law have to do with someone not obeying laws that dont even exist? and sence when does some thing being legal or not legal change if its right or wrong to do?

I don't even know where to begin to address those statements...

I guess you and I just come from quite different...walks of life.

guess you and I just come from quite different...walks of life.

ya I guess so.

I dont know what walk of life you come from or not. But I know were I come from some thing being legal dont make it make any thing necessarily ok or good to do just cause its legal. and neither does some thing being against the law necessarily make any thing bad or wrong.

Every thing the nazis did to people in Germany was perfectly legal under there system. It sure as heck didn't make it right.

and when people hide jews in there houses it certainly was illegal as hell and that in no way made it immoral or bad.

No none of this has to do with the fact that people believe in some non existent law that you are only supposed to fly under a safe suggested recommended height. Its a guild line and a suggestion and even tho its a good suggestion to stay on the safe side of things thats all it is. Its a suggestion and a guild line not a law. Same as its a suggestion to not swim after a big mealor to always have a swim buddy if there is no life guard. But its not against the law to do even if its not a good idea to do either of them things.

Except that the original poster is not flying in FAA land.
He is in England where they do have laws.
In their specific regulations Article 167 states:
The aircraft must be kept within the visual line of sight (normally taken to be within 500 m horizontally and 400 ft vertically) of its remote pilot (i.e. the ‘person in charge’ of it). Operations beyond these distances must be approved by the CAA.

Meta4 said:
Except that the original poster is not flying in FAA land.
He is in England where they do have laws.
In their specific regulations Article 167 states:
The aircraft must be kept within the visual line of sight (normally taken to be within 500 m horizontally and 400 ft vertically) of its remote pilot (i.e. the ‘person in charge’ of it). Operations beyond these distances must be approved by the CAA.
Does the CAA call a uav operator a ....remote pilot ...? Just asking as you seem to be up on those regulations .

""Same as its a suggestion to not swim after a big mealor to always have a swim buddy if there is no life guard"
I always wondered if that is/was true, I seem to remember it's a fallacy a bit like eating your carrots, yes we know the WW2 story on that.

"Whatever" 20 years past my daughter was 10 and gave me the "whatever" (the done thing at schools at the time) just brilliant I thought, it covers nearly every insult thrown at you.

When I got my bird (actually testing it out for a company then gave it back, got two more..a long story, whatever :)) I took it up then up more until it disappeared, it was fun, I mean really truly gods honour true dinks proper fun.

I hadn't come to this forum as yet so I think I got away with it..till now

You want rules for boys, it's never going to happen.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj