My #1 Wish for my P3 - Foldable Props from MAS

Reaction score
Now that Master Airscrew is making foldable props for the P4 drones, I wish they would make them for the P3 models even if it was only a limited run.

Foldable props for the P3 models would be so practical especially for those of us who fly in cold weather. I have a set of regular MAS props for my P3S and they are as good or better than the original DJI ones. I don’t see why they can’t design an adapter like they did for the P4’s. I have tried emailing them twice but haven’t got a reply.

Oh well, doesn’t hurt to keep hoping!!

Chris

Now that Master Airscrew is making foldable props for the P4 drones, I wish they would make them for the P3 models even if it was only a limited run.

Foldable props for the P3 models would be so practical especially for those of us who fly in cold weather. I have a set of regular MAS props for my P3S and they are as good or better than the original DJI ones. I don’t see why they can’t design an adapter like they did for the P4’s. I have tried emailing them twice but haven’t got a reply.

Oh well, doesn’t hurt to keep hoping!!

Chris
Man I been hoping since I was I kid,,nothing happen yet lol
Do you got picture,got me curious,,are these better in cold temp ?I got nothing with foldable props so I just dont know about them,,to me it seems a weak spot,,what's your thought on how they perform please,,are they cheap or expensive

How would a foldable prop be any more practical than the original props and what does cold weather have to do with it?
Ah mayby cause they fold you can warm them in your pocket ha or y'know where
What are they wood or plastic alloy or just plastic with flash center nut,,I'll have to have a look
I mean like people carry stuff in their pants

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I been hoping since I was I kid,,nothing happen yet lol
Do you got picture,got me curious,,are these better in cold temp ?I got nothing with foldable props so I just dont know about them,,to me it seems a weak spot,,what's your thought on how they perform please,,are they cheap or expensive
Here is a picture of their P4 props:
D0A9B757-6F1D-4C25-8929-DCF16284866D.png

And here’s the link to their Site.

Chris

How would a foldable prop be any more practical than the original props and what does cold weather have to do with it?
They would not have to be removed from the AC after flight like the foldable props on the Mavics and Spark.

Cold weather is a huge factor for me and probably many others who fly Phantoms. Installing and removing props in cold weather means I often have my hands out of my gloves getting cold or while the snow is falling and accumulating on the AC.

Yesterday the weather was a warm -5C but there was a snow squall warning in effect so at times there was a fair amount of snow falling.

Folding props would allow me to be in the air much quicker. I have often flown in weather colder than -25C and in those conditions any delays in getting airborne makes for shorter flights not because of equipment problems, but because of me getting cold usually my hands.

Many Phantom 3 cases would likely accommodate folding P3 props and MAS is well known in the industry to make quality products.

Must say, I was completely surprised when they made them for the P4 and it didn’t surprise me that their first batch completely sold out.

Happy Holidays and all the best in 2021!
Chris

I wonder if folding props would be less likely to shatter on impact, than stock Phantom 3 props, if intercepted by raptors of the feathered persuasion, or by flying debris.

Attachments

• Bandits One and Two O'Clock.jpg.jpg
    Bandits One and Two O'Clock.jpg.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 183
  • Barrage Kite.jpg.jpg
    Barrage Kite.jpg.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 149
I bought and returned a set by Owoda but did not perform well. I'm sure MAS has to be better. I would try them but I have a load of standard props already. Any advantages besides folding?

I bought and returned a set by Owoda but did not perform well. I'm sure MAS has to be better. I would try them but I have a load of standard props already. Any advantages besides folding?
I have a set that I ordered a year ago from Banggood made by RCgeek. They look ok and seem to be good quality and were cheap but I didn’t try them on my P3S - just wanted to see if I thought they would be safe to fly with. MAS specializes in props and does the R&D so I would trust their props.

As to advantages - if you live in a climate where the weather is warm year round then likely there are no advantages to having folding props, but for myself and others who live where seasonal changes bring significant changes in temperatures, having folding props makes a huge difference. Where I live summer temps can often be as high as 30C and winter temps can be as low as -30C and everywhere in between.

Chris

I have a set that I ordered a year ago from Banggood made by RCgeek. They look ok and seem to be good quality and were cheap but I didn’t try them on my P3S - just wanted to see if I thought they would be safe to fly with. MAS specializes in props and does the R&D so I would trust their props.

As to advantages - if you live in a climate where the weather is warm year round then likely there are no advantages to having folding props, but for myself and others who live where seasonal changes bring significant changes in temperatures, having folding props makes a huge difference. Where I live summer temps can often be as high as 30C and winter temps can be as low as -30C and everywhere in between.

Chris
I also e-mailed MAS about foldable props for my P3S and haven't heard anything either. I agree about the advantage in colder weather.

I also e-mailed MAS about foldable props for my P3S and haven't heard anything either. I agree about the advantage in colder weather.
Foldable props would make a huge difference and I would be willing to pay more than their original props.

With my Spark it’s the opposite, the stock props are foldable which I use in the winter or in the summer when I want to get airborne quickly but I have a set of MAS props for my Spark which are not foldable and I much prefer them in the summer because they are quieter and don’t have to be unfolded.

It’s about having options and choice for different flying conditions.

Chris

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers