Must be Phantom 5 soon to be released, big price drop on P4

Reaction score
I see that the price for the P4 has dropped which to me indicates DJI is about to release the P5. As of today you can buy a P4 (not refurb) from DJI through Newegg for 749 with a bonus 75$ Newegg credit which after 30 days you could put to another purchase including a battery from DJI. So effectively the P4 is 647$.The same so called sale for P3 happened just before the release of the P4. Price drop is also on walmart for 789

I see that the price for the P4 has dropped which to me indicates DJI is about to release the P5. As of today you can buy a P4 (not refurb) from DJI through Newegg for 749 with a bonus 75$ Newegg credit which after 30 days you could put to another purchase including a battery from DJI. So effectively the P4 is 647$.The same so called sale for P3 happened just before the release of the P4. Price drop is also on walmart for 789
You might be right if you were talking about the P4 pro.
When the P5 arrives it will supercede the P4 pro as the top model Phantom.
But the P4 has been discontinued for some time.

Reactions: dewein and N017RW
P4 my bad.

I have a P4, and for me range is totally dependent on location interference. In an urban environment it struggles even with wind surfers however out in the country I've routinely gotten 3 miles without losing signal. The P4P has a better camera with adjustable aperture. It also has dual band Wifi. Are these factors worth the price difference? Only the prsective buyer can make that decision.

I have a P3A with a antenna booster I can pretty much out fly my battery. I do fly in a rural setting a lot. I’m on the fence for my next drone. It’s either a P4P or a mavic.

Good point but at 749 with a 75$ credit it looks like they are pushing out the P4 inventory. To speculate when the P5 rolls out, the P4P with some price reduction will remain for a while as a more affordable option.

From what I can gather the later drones seem to have poorer range, coupled with the CE regs on transmission means I'm getting about 600 metres in clear farm fields. It is a sad joke.
So maybe picking up a P4 instead of a pro might be beneficial.
Just speculating........

Not important for me because I mostly
Use litchi waypoint missions
Longe range mate
Litchi waypoints that's the way to go. I have a P3 Std a P4 and a P4 Pro and mostly use litchi waypoint missions on all of them. Range is only limited by the battery.

Reactions: AndrewCCM
Anyone think "P5" will have larger sensor?
"4/3" instead of 1"...?
How much heavier is that camera-lens than 1" ?

Thanks. I just ordered one in case my first Phantom 4 is destroyed, at least I have an extra. For that price its a no brainer.

Anyone think "P5" will have larger sensor?
"4/3" instead of 1"...?
How much heavier is that camera-lens than 1" ?

Very unlikely from a camera tech guy standpoint. 1 inch sensor is pretty big and the pro is the first prosumer UAV to offer this. Possibly different lens snap ons lens options for narrower field of view.

RATS! And I just bought a refurbished P4 from Newegg for $700 back in December.. lol

I wonder if this will continue forward? ie older models sold for under 1K? so if the Phantom 5 comes out, the Phantom 4 Advanced will the sub 900 model, then when the Phantom 5+ comes out the Phantom 4 Plus becomes the sub 900 model.

Love the fact that you can buy this amazing drone for less than 800 bucks. I will be more than happy to stay a notch or two below the latest and greatest at these prices.

It is smart keeping the pipeline filled with this 3 tiered lineup for the Phantom lineup. Being able to buy 2 for the price of one (giving you a hot spare) for a 2 year old model aint a bad deal at all. Especially with all the features/capabilities you get with the Phantom 4 base model. It will take me a few years to get to really understand and take advantage of all the features included with the basic P4 model.

Looking forward to see what interesting tech emerges with the new P5 model.

Reactions: Sojourner60

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor