multistar 3s 4000 mah

Reaction score
how many out here uses the multistar 4000 3s and how does it comare to the phantom stock battery ,

Reactions: IflyinWY
It is wonderful. I get 8 or 10 min at most with stock battery and about 16 to 18 minutes with the 4000. It's snug in there and you have to mod the opening of the battery tray a little bit but it's well worth it

dji phantom fc40
ardrone2 mod 4 telemetry+fpv
tplinkwr703+sunhans 2.5w and alpha 7dbi panel antenna for wifi boost
based in new jersey US

I used a dremmel to sand down the opening so it looks nice and professional. On a completely stock FC40 you will consistently get 17 to 20 minutes.

The discharge rate on the multistar 4000 3s is only 10C, but does have a higher value for short period (20C for 10secs?). However, I notice if you weigh down the phantom (gimbal, flytrex, FPV, PMU, mini-IOSD, etc.) these batteries do not perform as well as stock phantom 2200mah ones in terms of movement. In my case, the phantom has a hard time keeping level with the load and 9443 props. I suspect it will manage much better with 9450 props, but haven't tried yet. It does not have a problem with the stock 2200mah battery, albeit does not last as long.

The discharge rate on the multistar 4000 3s is only 10C, but does have a higher value for short period (20C for 10secs?). However, I notice if you weigh down the phantom (gimbal, flytrex, FPV, PMU, mini-IOSD, etc.) these batteries do not perform as well as stock phantom 2200mah ones in terms of movement. In my case, the phantom has a hard time keeping level with the load and 9443 props. I suspect it will manage much better with 9450 props, but haven't tried yet. It does not have a problem with the stock 2200mah battery, albeit does not last as long.

Do you know what your bird weighs?

Beario, you're probably correct for flights at or near sea level. Where I am (6,000 feet) :( flight time of 12 minutes is reason to celebrate.

Can you say, too heavy?
1457grams with a multistar 4000mah :mad:

:eek: OMG :eek:

I think you're on the wrong side of the Weight vs Power curve. I can see why you prefer a lighter battery.

It is only 1200 feet above sea level here. I saw a video of a guy flying his phantom while climbing Everest. He was not sure it would fly, but it did and then crashed as it was not gaining much altitude.

It is only 1200 feet above sea level here. I saw a video of a guy flying his phantom while climbing Everest. He was not sure it would fly, but it did and then crashed as it was not gaining much altitude.

I saw that flight too. Didn't stay airborne for very long.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj