Mounting Tab?

Reaction score
Living In The Woods Of Beautiful Bonney Lake, WA
I used the Search function and did not find this topic. In the newest version 3.2 of the Assistant software, there is a tab I never noticed before. It's under Basic and called "Mounting" and has several drawings associated with it. It talks about "Balance the multi-rotor as you would normally, with the center of gravity (C.G.) directly on the center plate." I have no idea what they are talking about.

Is this something new? Did I download the wrong version? Sorry, I'm just not technically inclined but I haven't had any problem flying my Plus! :)

This is for those that installed their own NAZA* unit or have moved it. The NAZA* unit is supposed to be installed at the center of gravity, so that the UAV knows where it is in the world, and where its boundaries are. The offsets allow you to install the NAZA* unit elsewhere on the device, and set the offset to compensate for the new location.

Thanks, Sidebox, never noticed this before. I guess I have been using Assistant version 3.0 since I got my Phantom. Couldn't get it to update to 3.06 today so downloaded the new Assistant software and that is when I noticed that Tab.

I also noticed the ability to set your battery level for low battery warning is gone. I had mine set to 25% and 15%. Now it seems to default to Go Home but I don't know at what level that is. Maybe I read it will auto-calculate the level needed to get back home?

Thanks again and for any additional info you can provide.

sidebox said:
This is for those that installed their own GPS unit or have moved it. The GPS unit is supposed to be installed at the center of gravity, so that the UAV knows where it is in the world, and where its boundaries are. The offsets allow you to install the GPS unit elsewhere on the device, and set the offset to compensate for the new location.

Are you sure it's GPS?

There is no requirement for the GPS to be located at the CG for proper locating.

It is for the MC (NAZA) which contains the gyros and accelerometers. This is what needs to be properly oriented to the forward direction and CG.

The offsets allow compensation for non-CG mounting as illustrated in the graphics.

No problem. We've all done it!

IIRC, there was a place to enter mounting offsets in the 3.0 assistant but not the other NAZA orientation options.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl