Mounting strobe on gimbal

Reaction score
What do you think about mounting a LumeCube strobe on the flat area on the back of the gimbal on a P4P? At 10 grams, I think it would be OK, but curious if others have considered or tried it. Note that primary purpose of the strobe is to help me see the drone, not so much about visibility to others (such as aircraft).

1609161165520.png

You can get lumb cube mounts for p4p and they mount between the front and back landing gear.yeh bit of a bad spot for poor little cam motors holding that light,,,if you do mount anything to cam which not really advised calibrate your gimble so it know extra weight there or limp gimble and errors might occur,,,,this what they look like.....there are good selection of lights around these days,,,those lumb cubes are heavy and give you less flight time
Screenshot_20201229-101139_Chrome.jpg

What do you think about mounting a LumeCube strobe on the flat area on the back of the gimbal on a P4P? At 10 grams, I think it would be OK, but curious if others have considered or tried it. Note that primary purpose of the strobe is to help me see the drone, not so much about visibility to others (such as aircraft).

View attachment 121064
I don't have LumeCube LEDs, I use Firehouse ARC 2 LEDs. But I use velcro when ever I need to attach anything light weight, like LEDs, to any of my drones. Easy to take off one drone and quickly attach to another.

Firehouse ARC 2.jpg

Not a good idea to put anything on gimbal. Use Velcro and small lights like Strobons or 3D printed brackets which fit on the legs.

Are these visible for “3 Nautical miles”- for FAA requirements for night flights?

They provide paper work attesting to 3 statute mile visibility.
IMG_1614903890.834695.jpg

IMG_1614903923.863384.jpg

If you have other lights you can check out this video and see how they compare.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.