Mounting fireworks to P3 Pro ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
and this is why i haven't visited this site in a long time. the kid asked a question albeit immature, he gets sarcasm and insults instead of quality suggestions. such as:
no bro. i've never thought attaching fireworks to my drone would be a good idea. it does look cool in the video but it could be a seriously dangerous activity not to mention burning your drone. if you do plan on doing that make sure you are far away from flamable materials like trees dry grass leaves or houses.
It could be dangerous? ... ? (sigh)

I bet both of these guys running from the fireworks were javelin catchers in high school. They are definitely the type. LOL.

and this is why i haven't visited this site in a long time. the kid asked a question albeit immature, he gets sarcasm and insults instead of quality suggestions. such as:
no bro. i've never thought attaching fireworks to my drone would be a good idea. it does look cool in the video but it could be a seriously dangerous activity not to mention burning your drone. if you do plan on doing that make sure you are far away from flamable materials like trees dry grass leaves or houses.

Mr d-lou,

What not just say it your way and spare us the holier-than-thou preface?

It started out with the OP believing it is prohibited to drop items but wanted advice on how to do it.
It was then pointed out it is not prohibited if certain precautions were taken and he/she should learn more but it was foolish and showed poor judgement by stretching this to include fireworks.

Then he/she became seemingly immature by suggesting:
"No, the burden is on YOU if you are making trifle statements in here about FAA regs you dont seem all that familiar with." when it was suggested he review the regs. himself.
He continued on to boast of his flying skills in an insulting manner.

Possibly you just looked at the last few posts and made no effort to follow the entire discourse.

It seems quality is in the eyes of the beholder and such posting behavior as you describe it was actually brought on by his behavior.

I'm 45 and not big fan of unnecessary risks but this is funny AF

My favorite part is the guy standing DIRECTLY in front of the roman candles with a cigarette in his mouth lighting not 1, but 2 roman candles. Then he takes off running.

That is tantamount to pulling a pin on a hand granade, throwing the granade, then running to catch it.

Definitely Darwin material, without a doubt. Top 10, at least.

My favorite part is the guy standing DIRECTLY in front of the roman candles with a cigarette in his mouth lighting not 1, but 2 roman candles. Then he takes off running.

That is tantamount to pulling a pin on a hand granade, throwing the granade, then running to catch it.

Definitely Darwin material, without a doubt. Top 10, at least.

This Roman candles are entry level fireworks. I didn't think comparison with handgranade is appropriate. Size of the "fireball" inside the candle is not more then 5mm and it burns out in 10-ish meters after launch. Fun/danger ratio in this is huge.

And Roman candles are manufactured under such high quality control standards that they never malfunction! To repeat post #19, fireworks are classified as Class C explosives and, in the US, it is illegal to carry them on an aircraft. And the ICAO (international aircraft legislating body) has agreed that UAVs are to be considered as aircraft.

And Roman candles are manufactured under such high quality control standards that they never malfunction! To repeat post #19, fireworks are classified as Class C explosives and, in the US, it is illegal to carry them on an aircraft. And the ICAO (international aircraft legislating body) has agreed that UAVs are to be considered as aircraft.

I'd rather have them malfunction on a drone then in my hand. I am not talking about rules and regulations. It is a lot of fun. And chances of hurting someone or causing damage if used like in a video I posted above is none.

I'd rather have them malfunction on a drone then in my hand. I am not talking about rules and regulations. It is a lot of fun. And chances of hurting someone or causing damage if used like in a video I posted above is none.
When you posted the video with the title "Oh FFS.How is this dangerous?", I figured you were being sarcastic and showing that in fact it IS dangerous. Now you're saying there is NO danger if used like in the video, where one of the guys gets nailed in the back and you can see him react to the hit. ?Guess I misinterpreted your thought process.

I think the basic problem in here --- as with many discussion boards --- is that you get massively inflated egos run amok. I remember being in here a few years ago under a different name and talking about using liquid soldering glue to power a Flytrex Live and some flashing LEDs on my P2 Vision+. You woulda thought I started WW3 with the amount of flaming I got --- "Only an IDIOT would use liquid soldering glue" and "You just made your drone into a ticking time bomb". Well guess what --- I flew that P2V+ over 400 flights with that soldering glue and it NEVER failed and the Flytrex and LEDs worked perfectly until the day I sold the drone.

Online boards would be a lot more enjoyable if people checked their over-hyped egos at the door --- open up the minds --- and be friendly and helpful instead of judgmental and condescending --- because that stuff doesnt impress anyone. :eek:

So what would you do differently?

You 'whipped out' your ego starting in post #7 regarding others knowledge, who should educate you, and your flying skills and experience.

Reactions: pomonabill220
You cited egos. Now it's 'kinda' a flame war? No it's not.

Fireworks and r/c aircraft is foolish, shows poor judgement, and has been shown to be illegal.

You change your screen-name. Why?

Like the POTUS???

Now you change your position in the face of your own culpability???

It's a public forum. You must be able to accept ideas not inline with yours without being offended and accept when you have been proven wrong.

Fireworks and r/c aircraft is foolish, shows poor judgement, and has been shown to be illegal.

Like the POTUS???

So basically you've lost all that child-like wonder and fascination --- and become the old, grumpy "get off my lawn" geezer?

Really sad if you ask me --- remember the wise words of the Great Steve Jobs --- "Stay hungry ... stay foolish" :D

Does seem to be some hefty recoil --- but the P3/P4 can take the punishment ??

My judgement leads me to believe this discourse is over for me.

Cheers!

It just amazes me that such an infantile and stupid idea has been allowed to generate such a long thread by the moderators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj