Motor screw tightness

Do not over tighten them,
Can cause stress on the motor mounts, screws and shell! They have threadlock on them ( blue spots ) I tighten them lightly until they stop, then give them a little extra bump! I've never had issues!
But I also check them periodically for tightness!

Hope this helps!

J Dot
:cool:

Def not as tight as you can get them. Use your thumb, index and middle fingers only and just snug up gently pas the initial grab. A very small drop of loctite on the tip of the screw is a good idea hiwever don’t use any if your not confident you can install the screw without getting it in the plastic shell. Perhaps use a toothpick to put the picture inside the motor mounting boss threads.

Reactions: UpLift Aerial
Def not as tight as you can get them. Use your thumb, index and middle fingers only and just snug up gently pas the initial grab. A very small drop of loctite on the tip of the screw is a good idea hiwever don’t use any if your not confident you can install the screw without getting it in the plastic shell. Perhaps use a toothpick to put the picture inside the motor mounting boss threads.

DO NOT PUT GENERIC LOCTITE ON THE SCREWS!!! IT WILL CRAZE AND CRACK THE PLASTIC, unless you use the very expensive one made for plastic!!!

The stuff left on the screws will bind and hold it good enough. Fumes off the new stuff will cause issues. Been there with motorcycle windshields that break off in the wind.

See the warning at the bottom of the Loctite website link here: Loctite Threadlocker Blue 242 from Loctite Adhesives

"Not recommended for use on plastic parts, particularly thermoplastic materials where stress cracking of the plastic could result."

DO NOT PUT GENERIC LOCTITE ON THE SCREWS!!! IT WILL CRAZE AND CRACK THE PLASTIC, unless you use the very expensive one made for plastic!!!

The stuff left on the screws will bind and hold it good enough. Fumes off the new stuff will cause issues. Been there with motorcycle windshields that break off in the wind.

See the warning at the bottom of the Loctite website link here: Loctite Threadlocker Blue 242 from Loctite Adhesives

"Not recommended for use on plastic parts, particularly thermoplastic materials where stress cracking of the plastic could result."
You may have noted that I did give a warning with respect to these issues. The trick is to use a very small amount. I have had no problems whatsoever with phantoms or in other similar applications, all is good if you apply a little care and common sense.

Reactions: Mark The Droner

You may have noted that I did give a warning with respect to these issues. The trick is to use a very small amount. I have had no problems whatsoever with phantoms or in other similar applications, all is good if you apply a little care and common sense.
I did not add any to the screws. I just used what was on them. I hope they are not to tight. I did exactly what you said. :)

Reactions: J Dot
Yes
If you replaced the shell, it came with new screws, which are ready to use ( lock-tite on screws already ). The same they install at the factory!
Like I stated above, I've never had an issue with them!
Now:
If you are re-using screws , than info above on ( LOCK-TITE ) is VERY useful!

J Dot

Yes
If you replaced the shell, it came with new screws, which are ready to use ( lock-tite on screws already ). The same they install at the factory!
Like I stated above, I've never had an issue with them!
Now:
If you are re-using screws , than info above on ( LOCK-TITE ) is VERY useful!

J Dot
I thought about reusing the old screws but thought the same.

Same gimmick!
But don't think as critical!
I reuse them all the time, with no problems!
But I tinker a LOT, and lids come off more often than the sun rises, around here! I'd have to have stock in the screw company to use new ALL the time! Lol :)

Nothing needs to be CRANKED DOWN, only snug with an extra little UMPH! o_O
Good to go!

J Dot

Do not over tighten them,
Can cause stress on the motor mounts, screws and shell! They have threadlock on them ( blue spots ) I tighten them lightly until they stop, then give them a little extra bump! I've never had issues!
But I also check them periodically for tightness!

Hope this helps!

J Dot

Which Blue Loctite is that? I've purchased the blue Loctite to cinch up screws on my daughter's glasses. The stuff I got was runny, but it did the job for my Kiddo's specs. Is there more than one Loctite Blue formulation???

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20