Motor Overload

Reaction score
Just got the motor overload warning, not surprised, even though it is sunny and +5 degrees here today , we have a windchill of -5.
Just thought I'd get a little airborne today to see how the bird is going to work after no flying for the past 4 months.
It did not take long to get a cold battery warning either!
Oh how I long for our Canadian summer!, or even spring with some warmer temps.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Keeping the battery warm before its inserted in the drone helps and then after motors are going i have read it here that you even warm the battery even slightly more as its good to houver at 4-5 feet height for a few minutes before real lift off and a cold cold days flight !

And with 8 tiny bearings on all 4 motors..that lube is thick in them and takes a while to warm it UP also.

Summers are way to short and winters are way way to long !

Reactions: Ansia and mikehhfx
Just got the motor overload warning, not surprised, even though it is sunny and +5 degrees here today , we have a windchill of -5.
Just thought I'd get a little airborne today to see how the bird is going to work after no flying for the past 4 months.
It did not take long to get a cold battery warning either!
Oh how I long for our Canadian summer!, or even spring with some warmer temps.
Sunny and 0 degrees on the south shore this morning , no wind till afternoon but just couldn't make it outside today .

Reactions: mikehhfx
Try Puerto Rico. In Florida you get Spring and Autumn. We get 365 of summer!!

Yeah,

Spent A LOT of time in PR when Motorola was in Vega Baja. Lived in Dorado at their leased condos.

Lot of time at Bacardi distillery too!

Love me some beans & rice!

I was flying in in Florida today and learned the fire ant dance. Lol

Rootman..... while you were flying and dancing did it kinda make your flight slightly erratic . My older daughter had them when she lived in Florida and hated them ..she said they really bite hard.

I was treated to a rather unusual event here in Las Vegas. Snow level was below 4000' and my usual flying area was covered in snow. First real test of my new Jeep too.
Just one of the pictures I got:
DJI_0056.JPG

Turned on the passenger seat heater and put my batteries on it. Very little time to warm up the AC.

We are typically in the low 60'sF and 50'sF this time of year. Coming week should see more of this. I'm always envious of all the winter videos and photos the members of this forum post. Not envious of others' long down times, however.

((((( WHAT A BEAUTIFUL PICTURE )))))) Lucky You living their and having a New "Jeep" too.
One like is Not enough.....id love to give you a lots more then ONE !

Reactions: Ansia
((((( WHAT A BEAUTIFUL PICTURE )))))) Lucky You living their and having a New "Jeep" too.
One like is Not enough.....id love to give you a lots more then ONE !
Thanks. This happens once every 5 years or so. Only 4 1/2 inches of rain a year. Last year we didn't really have a winter. This was exciting.

I was out today on my skidoo and it was around -10C. Brought my son and his two friends out ice fishing. They cleared the snow off an area for a rink and then played some hockey while I did most of the fishing. Sent up my P3S to get some video of their game and me fishing.

We all had fun. I love winter!

Chris

Rootman..... while you were flying and dancing did it kinda make your flight slightly erratic . My older daughter had them when she lived in Florida and hated them ..she said they really bite hard.
Actually the dance I was doing was from watching my grandsons go through 4 batteries flying my P4. Near the end they thought they were professional's. The twins are 11 and they thought flying full speed 10 feet above the soccer field was cool. That's when I really started dancing and it wasn't for joy. Whoo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers