"Motor Obstructed" error before a 300+ fall over water. 100% loss.

What do you think happened?

• Prop Flew Off

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dirt in motor

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Bye Bye Birdy

• Something Else?

• Total voters
Ok, nice job. So you confirm the model type so it has to be dubbed such as equipped with some other device on-board or just ‘foley-ed’???
I added all sound. I was mostly trying to entertain. I figured the flight data would be more instrumental to help figure out what happened.

You mentioned about a hard landing previously... Was that recent and did it land upside down ? Sorry about the loss by the way, not a good thing at all.
I crashed a different phantom 3 into mud once. The camera was sheared off and the motors were filled with dirt. DJI fixed it and sent this one back. I still had a few of the props.

Ok, nice job. So you confirm the model type so it has to be dubbed such as equipped with some other device on-board or just ‘foley-ed’???
just ‘foley-ed’. The video also cut off right before it hit the water too so I added that whole ending.

Reactions: N017RW
Hey sar104, thank you for creating those charts. I never had a crash, where I needed to start looking at data to figure out what happened, so I didn't realize there was a way to download the CSV file. I started to look at that data and realized that the drone started to pitch and roll BEFORE I got that "motor obstructed" warning. Therefore, whatever happened, happened before the warning. Although now I am even more confused because the drone pitched forward and down which would make me think that one of the front props fell off. The cool part is now that I have that data I might try to convert that data to 3D keyframes and create a 3D animation of what happened. (mostly for fun anyway) Thanks ... people like you is why this forum kicks ***!!!

OMG wow.. thanks for taking a look at that. Most people know that the phantom 3 doesn't record audio so I figured people would get the joke. Not only did I add the drone noise but I added the seagull and of course the ending. I plan to dive for the drone this summer. I suspect that it will be missing a prop. I saw birds in the area but I have never seen a bird follow a drone up that high before. Did you run the data though excel?

I don't use Excel for data analysis - not one of its strengths and, to be fair, not what it was intended for.

Hey sar104, thank you for creating those charts. I never had a crash, where I needed to start looking at data to figure out what happened, so I didn't realize there was a way to download the CSV file. I started to look at that data and realized that the drone started to pitch and roll BEFORE I got that "motor obstructed" warning. Therefore, whatever happened, happened before the warning. Although now I am even more confused because the drone pitched forward and down which would make me think that one of the front props fell off. The cool part is now that I have that data I might try to convert that data to 3D keyframes and create a 3D animation of what happened. (mostly for fun anyway) Thanks ... people like you is why this forum kicks ***!!!

The warning was less than one second after the event, so it is quite likely to be directly related. The forward pitch angle is interesting but may be misleading due to the large right roll at the time of the event. If you look frame by frame at the video the pitch is not significant compared to the other motion.

I added all sound. I was mostly trying to entertain. I figured the flight data would be more instrumental to help figure out what happened.
Love the humor in it. We can’t take ourselves too seriously. LOL. ;). Here is a very short crash video of mine where I, too, added sound.

Reactions: Russ43Phantom
I have two resident eagles in my neighborhood. They pose a constant threat. BUT ... they rarely fly high at the levels you show (which judging by the size of the sailboats seems over 400’). My guess is you had mechanical problems.

Love the humor in it. We can’t take ourselves too seriously. LOL. ;). Here is a very short crash video of mine where I, too, added sound.

Great sound effects! Those fine branches without leaves will get you every time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164