More range

I am happy to see this issue discussed, because I just bought the same device yesterday. A vender suggested that I should purchase one. However, it was a tight fit. But, after reading about how to make adjustments by enlarging the two bottom slits, I believe a possible problem is solved. Thanks, guys

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Numone
I bought a set and they worked, fit just fine out of the box. Keep in mind this will make your antennae more directional. You'll have to aim your controller directly at the aircraft for best results.

Use the "radar" display in the app to keep the RC aligned with the AC....
IMG_0902.jpg

I am happy to see this issue discussed, because I just bought the same device yesterday. A vender suggested that I should purchase one. However, it was a tight fit. But, after reading about how to make adjustments by enlarging the two bottom slits, I believe a possible problem is solved. Thanks, guys

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Good - happy to help.

Also on the windsurfers there is a thin plastic covering over the copper surface used as a protective covering that needs to be taken off. Some people miss that and that's the source of them not getting good range. Happy flying :)

Reactions: Lefty63
Hi guys I have p3/a and I want to do way point flying done some around the gardens around me but get a bit nervous when going out of range is there anything I can get to give me more range or can anyone mod my handset for me to give me more range I'm in Hampshire UK.
I also way point in the park I always have people come and and ask questions about what I'm doing the public get really interested and I say that some pilots give us a bad name I've even let them have a go and always get positive feed back I think the public really don't mind drones now the press there something else they blame drones for everything if a plastic bag is in the air it's a drone
Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Windsurfer is the best way. I built my own. Search for it on Tom's Tech Time.

I'll get on that when I get home I've seen people modify there controls I'm wondering if I could have someone do that for me absolutely shite at soldering lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ive modded my controller so I can use external amps and different antenna. It can give a massive boost but you need to know what's limiting you at the moment to know if it'll help.

I.e. When I fly from my home location there's hills all around me, as soon as it's far enough that the crest of the hill is between the bird and the remote I loose signal. Boosting and using other antenna will only make a tiny difference here.

If you're flying somewhere flat and have line of sight then boosting and different antenna will make a massive difference.

I only say this as you say the windsurfer made little difference which implies you're in scenario 1.

If you still want to mod the controller it really is easy and there's no soldering involved.

ok mate thanks for that.
but the issue i want to address is lol i love waypoint flying and want to say go from my house back garden and fly a way point mission around the estate but once its up in the air and it goes behind my house im out of line of sight so whats happens then when i have set up way point mission will it still do it even if it loses signal will it continure on the mission.. ??

i mean will it keep doing the mission and return home after ?

ok mate thanks for that.
but the issue i want to address is lol i love waypoint flying and want to say go from my house back garden and fly a way point mission around the estate but once its up in the air and it goes behind my house im out of line of sight so whats happens then when i have set up way point mission will it still do it even if it loses signal will it continure on the mission.. ??

I believe Go will return home but I haven't used it for way points.

Litchi can be set to carry on.

Modding the controller to allow boosters and different antenna won't work miracles through a building. You'll likely get much better range hanging out an upstairs window aiming at the bird than you will your back garden.

Reactions: paul sharman
I believe Go will return home but I haven't used it for way points.

Litchi can be set to carry on.

Modding the controller to allow boosters and different antenna won't work miracles through a building. You'll likely get much better range hanging out an upstairs window aiming at the bird than you will your back garden.
litchi is what im useing how would i set it to carry on mission if lose sig

BTW. thanks for helping..

Very important to read entire manual on everything you use with you phantom.. including the phantom manual. Please do yourself this favor. It will save you lots of $$$!

Help - Litchi

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

litchi is what im useing how would i set it to carry on mission if lose sig

BTW. thanks for helping..
You don't have to do nothing extra for it to carry on a mission when signal is lost. When it loads the mission, it loads it to the aircraft. Therefore, it can carry out the mission on its own. Important is what you set it to do on your last waypoint.
A good idea is to set your first and last waypoint close together, near yourself in LOS.
Hope this helps.

Happy flying!

JB [emoji41]

Last edited:
Reactions: paul sharman
You don't have to do nothing extra for it to carry on a mission when signal is lost. When it loads the mission, it loads it to the aircraft. Therefore, it can carry out the mission on its own. Important is what you set it to do on your last waypoint.
A good idea is to set your first and last waypoint close together, near yourself in LOS.
Hope this helps.

Happy flying!

JB [emoji41]

Yyeah thats what i do thanks mate its been all good done some little missions but want to broaden more just worried i have read them both back to front so i know how to set lol

Yyeah thats what i do thanks mate its been all good done some little missions but want to broaden more just worried i have read them both back to front so i know how to set lol
Everyone is different but I set my last waypoint right over where I launch from, and set it to hover when finish, then land it myself.

While looking at some of your posts, it's clear to me that all of you with WindSurfer's bought your setup incomplete. You are missing clips that once installed the windsurfer will fit secure allowing you to aim at the aircraft.

wc1.jpg

wc3.jpg

wc2.jpg

Reactions: JohnnyB

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik