More questions

Reaction score
Was gonna fly a little here at the house. Batter on drone and on controller charged. I turned controller on and my power light was red. All four green lights on. I went ahead and turned battery on drone on and opened dji app and connected to wi go. When my home screen came up it as I " image transmission signal weak ". When I put the throttle to the middle position the green power light came on. Also it was telling me the radio quality was poor and strong interfence to fly with caution. I was having any where from 9 to 11 sataletties. I was in a clear area. This is the first ti.e with the image signal weak. I still had a good picture on the camera. Any suggestions.

I was reading some threads about image transmission signal weak. Looks like a lot of other people have this. I thought about something after reading one of the threads. I did have something about electro magnet signalalso. I had my cell phone in my pocket. Could this make a difference? I hadn't thought about that. People fly using their cell phone so I am confused on that.
I left my cell phone in the house. Went out and went through all the steps to get started and if worked fine. Didn't have the weak signal just had the green ready to fly. Everything look good. I still have the message for a firmware up but I don't think I am going to do it.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
As well as your mobile phone there are likely may other devices that use the wifi frequencies around your home and the neighbours places. This is normal. Won’t make any difference to the number of satellites acquired by the GPS.

We live in a wireless world and easy to underestimate the amount of wireless channels in use in an urban settings - the same frequencies used for the image transmissions from the Phantom. My suggestion is if everything else is a "go" (good satellites and GoApp says ready to fly), take off and get it about 30 feet high and 30 feet away or more to see if the wireless (image transmission) improves once you get it above the ground a bit. Remember, the photos and video, if in record, are being written to the SD card in the bird in higher resolution for full recovery, even if bad video (bad image transmission) is coming down to you. Your main concern is to ensure you have a good CONTROL link to the Phantom to fly it properly and get it home safely. You can always try for the video again later, but crashing the drone is often a one-time disaster. Lastly, you don't need a cell phone connection to fly the Phantom, though operating at a slightly different frequency, it can cause interference to the remote control unit only inches away. Put it in airplane mode to halt the cell phone signals and tower pinging. Good luck and good flying.

FWIW whenever I fly around my house/ development I always get a “strong interference detected” warning message. As long as I have good satellite connection and app tells me home point is recorded I fly. Once above 100’ or so warning goes away till I descend back down into WiFi zones. When I fly in open areas no such warnings. And yes even now I fly with a non cellular tablet, active cell phone is always on in my pocket if it matters[emoji4]

I had at least 8 satellites and most of the time more and my home point was recorded. When I flew I didn't get above 80' or so. I didn't know that about the wi fi zones. I have flown since then here in the yard and everything was fine. I was just wondering about the cell phone thing. Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj