(More) drone sightings at night. Conspiracy?

Reaction score
I live in the eastern part of Nebraska and now social media is exploding with drone sightings at night. As you may have read there have been some mysterious sightings in Eastern Colorado and western Nebraska recently.
Not to put on my tin foil hat but wouldn't this be the perfect opportunity for the FAA to say, "See, we need remote identification to eliminate this and keep the public safe."?
Very frustrating as a law abiding pilot. Rant over.

Reactions: MTO
It may be a commercial operation that's already had it approved with the FAA. Maybe they're practicing in a remote area for some big event to come. Everything may be legit. Not everything is for us to know. If they are breaking the law we are to reported to the FAA. The FAA takes care of from there. Whether or not you know what they are doing isn't important.

I live in the eastern part of Nebraska and now social media is exploding with drone sightings at night. As you may have read there have been some mysterious sightings in Eastern Colorado and western Nebraska recently.
Not to put on my tin foil hat but wouldn't this be the perfect opportunity for the FAA to say, "See, we need remote identification to eliminate this and keep the public safe."?
Very frustrating as a law abiding pilot. Rant over.
They've already said that, and it's getting bolstered by blathering from the Omaha World Herald and Denver Post.

• Haha
Reactions: LARA images
Via local news now.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Best view of them that I've seen but it sounds more like an airplane than drone to me

Best view of them that I've seen but it sounds more like an airplane than drone to me

Drone = Unmanned Aircraft System = Planes, Helicopters, and MlutiRotors

It sounds like a fixed wing, single engine UAS.... remember we're all lumped into the same category since 2012.

What I can't figure out is how has NO ONE put another aircraft up at the same time to get a closer peak at these? I can't imagine not one single person seeing these had their own Mavic/Phantom/Yuneec etc that they couldn't send up to look closer. I'm not saying that's a good idea but seriously how has this not happened yet?

It sounds like a fixed wing, single engine UAS.... remember we're all lumped into the same category since 2012.

What I can't figure out is how has NO ONE put another aircraft up at the same time to get a closer peak at these? I can't imagine not one single person seeing these had their own Mavic/Phantom/Yuneec etc that they couldn't send up to look closer. I'm not saying that's a good idea but seriously how has this not happened yet?

Oh I've been tempted to go out. Can I not fly at night (I have marker lights in addition to the ones already on my p4) as a hobbyist and not commercially?

Oh I've been tempted to go out. Can I not fly at night (I have marker lights in addition to the ones already on my p4) as a hobbyist and not commercially?

Yes you can. As long as you are following all FAA regulations (airspace etc) you can legally fly at night as a hobbyist. Just know that if you do fly near other aircraft you are the low man on the totem pole and it's your responsibility to See & Avoid no matter what cost. I'm not condoning this but I can't believe no one has done it LOL!

Reactions: Capt KO

Very true but like most the first thing I think of is Phantom's & similar type not a gas engine job
Figured somebody in a plane would follow them to see who they are & where they go just don't
seem right no one has any answers yet

Very true but like most the first thing I think of is Phantom's & similar type not a gas engine job
Figured somebody in a plane would follow them to see who they are & where they go just don't
seem right no one has any answers yet

I fully expect this to turn out to be some mysterious "Air Sampling" mission. It's strange to have multiple units in the air at the same time though. We had an unidentified aircraft (it was manned) flying roughy 500' above our heads here in my town for about 2 weeks. Every night about 9:30pm it would suddenly appear, fly within the same specified area, and then suddenly depart the area in the same return path. This happened for about 90 minutes every night for 2 weeks. We live near a Paper Mill and figure it was probably someone activist group getting some covert Air Samples from the mill.

I carry my Mavic mini with me everywhere waiting for the opportunity to film a UFO. But seeing the size of these things, I think my phantom would be more up to the job. Takes the same amount of time to get them in the air.

Want to look in the ufo windows, so bad. Say cheeeese, Flash! Instant millionaire. Just a dream but I’m lookin ? The Truth is Out There!

I carry my Mavic mini with me everywhere waiting for the opportunity to film a UFO. But seeing the size of these things, I think my phantom would be more up to the job. Takes the same amount of time to get them in the air.

Want to look in the ufo windows, so bad. Say cheeeese, Flash! Instant millionaire. Just a dream but I’m lookin [emoji849] The Truth is Out There!

Just received my mini today! You think it takes as much time to set up as the P4? I have such a huge case to carry my Phantom along with all 5 batteries and crystalsky that it takes me a while to set it all up. Carrying it around has become a task too!

Just received my mini today! You think it takes as much time to set up as the P4? I have such a huge case to carry my Phantom along with all 5 batteries and crystalsky that it takes me a while to set it all up. Carrying it around has become a task too!
Congratulations on new Mini. Yes, in the original cases I can put both in the air in the same amount of time. I carry the phantom case in a backpack and the mini case with an ad-on camera shoulder strap. (Case has loops provided). Carry both drones and leaves hands free for stuff.

? Look UP for UFO’s and post pics please.

This just in:
After a doggone long chase through the night, the Sheriff's department finally collared the suspect.
At first the suspect claimed they were barking up the wrong tree,
Then he said he was being treated too ruff, and had a bone to pick with them.
After pawsing to consider the evidence, the local constabulary knew they had the right little feller.
Deputies soon realized he was just being pugnacious and was actually trying to flea from the authorities.
Turns out he was from Pluto...
1578581539937.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers