Mods DELETE PLEASE

Not sure? (Specs on phone above in consolidated pic) ...but seems my phone is strong enough with enough elbow room after app install (dji go 4)
I can get rc and ac connected.
Here's how I have done it and what I encounter.
First I put phone in RC holder and connect phone and Rc with cable. Then I go to ap and open. It opens and after tapping equipment it shows a mavic
I change pic to a phantom pro 4 and turn on RC then power up AC. I tap enter equipment and I get " open dji go inspire 1"
I tried to change but won't so I just tap go fly after I see connected on app.
I can see on screen where camera is pointing with all diagnostics.
I do have message that says after tapping it"calibrating the vision sensor's with dji assistant on a pc or mac is recommended.
I know there are vids to help do this but could it just be that it is not sensing correct craft giving me the trouble?
Am I doing something wrong?

Here's the sequence I use with my P3P. Works every time.
  • Turn on the remote controller
  • Turn on the Phantom
  • Wait ~30 seconds
  • Connect the RC to mobile device
  • Start DJI GO

Reactions: Ncguy
First real drone.
Bought a lightly used P4P with many extras. It has 30 average cycles on three batteries. Guy I bought it from was very helpful and demonstrated most flight/filming abilities.

My phone is an android 9 (pie) and was 96 percent full so I didn't let him try to hook it up with app.
Since then, I deleted many files and apps and is now at 60 percent storage used.
I did install go 4 app and register with dji site...
After much reading and videos I have decided I should probably get a dedicated phone or tablet.
If apple I think mini 4/5
If android not sure?
At this point I'm confused from info overload. I'm looking for brightest screen and known to run go 4 without issue. To whittle choices down my budget is $300 or less. I will be doing recreational flying and a good bit of filming and photos.
Don't mind used item and hoping for something that won't require lots of extras to make work with drone or editing. I also will be flying primarily in an area with no wifi and sporadic cell signal...
My budget is pretty firm as I started looking at early phantoms and ended up 1200 spent?
Thanks all

Tripltek is the best one out there, very durable and great screen. Check out the specs on their website. It is a bit pricey,,but you get what you pay for.. hobbies are not cheap.

Tripltek is the best one out there, very durable and great screen. Check out the specs on their website. It is a bit pricey,,but you get what you pay for.. hobbies are not cheap.
Yep, initial Butload for the drone and rc. Then of course extra batteries
Then a tablet that will function
Then a pc or mac to fix issues like recalibration of object sensors
Then a multi charger so you can do your hobby longer than 20 minutes
Then a shade so you can see screen
Then more money for registration and of course more stuff like a backpack and at least a lanyard to hold rc. Then purchase a person to watch drone with you if it ever gets out of sight. Then finding out you live within 5 miles of an airport and have to tell them every time you fly in your yard.
Then finding out you will probably need to study and pass a 107 soon in order to fly it in your yard. Also will have to install a identifying app so faa sees all you do soon. All this while knowing one wreck will mean you just flushed all the money and time down the drain.......Yeah, mine may be for sale very soon. Pm if you want ebay or FBM link

First real drone.
Bought a lightly used P4P with many extras. It has 30 average cycles on three batteries. Guy I bought it from was very helpful and demonstrated most flight/filming abilities.

My phone is an android 9 (pie) and was 96 percent full so I didn't let him try to hook it up with app.
Since then, I deleted many files and apps and is now at 60 percent storage used.
After much reading and videos I have decided I should probably get a dedicated phone or tablet.
If android not sure?
At this point I'm confused from info overload. I'm looking for brightest screen and known to run go 4 without issue. To whittle choices down my budget is $300 or less. I will be doing recreational flying and a good bit of filming and photos.
Don't mind used item and hoping for something that won't require lots of extras to make work with drone or editing. I also will be flying primarily in an area with no wifi and sporadic cell signal...
My budget is pretty firm as I started looking at early phantoms and ended up 1200 spent?
Thanks all

www.macofalltrades.com

Best place to get an iOS device for a decent price....

www.macofalltrades.com

Best place to get an iOS device for a decent price....
Thanks for the link. Right now I'm planning to get a used pc from FB marketplace. I see reset PC's with windows 10 for $75-150 everywhere. It will just be a dedicated pc. My other desk top has a curved monitor and won't work for calibrations. Now to figure out what are pc system requirements for A2 app?

First real drone.

If android not sure?
Thanks all
Apple/iOS is just to expensive to dedicate a tablet for the sole purpose of flying a drone.

I never have any issues with my Samsung Galaxy Tab A. I use it with with a lens hood. I alway go into setting and adjust display for daytime/outdoor use. It brightens the screen even more. I run this tablet with my P4P V2, Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic 2 Pro Enterprise and my Mavic Pro. I run Litchi, Drone Deploy, Pix4D capture, DJI Go 4 and DJI Pilot.

Attachments

• hoodman.jpg
    hoodman.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 146
Thanks I saw that. I'm going through the list one device at a time for androids as most of them aren't linked to amazon with specs like nits and such. It is tough here as my wifi is hughes net and that means slow if at all web access.
I was hoping someone else on a $300 budget had figured out the most reliable and brightest device and would just let me know....
As far as a.dedicated device not needing cell ability. Would cell not help if I have no wifi? Isn't cell or wifi needed for me to cache maps?
Thanks again
EDIT- just looked at link provided and much better than the one I had. Same format but maybe mine was a link to older list...Thanks
I have been using a iPad mini 4 since they came out, am flying a Mavic2Pro a Phantom 4 Pro and now a mavicMini2 all on my iPad with go 4 and the fly app and up till now have had no problems other than with the fly app. I keep getting the cpu fully loaded warning which I have ignored as the iPad works with all my other drones including my Inspire . The e mini 2 flys without any problems whatsoever , hope that helps ,cheers Len

Thanks all. I think I'm going to try my current phone. It accepted go4 app and I can link it with rc and ac. When I go outside it has full reception bars and 11 satellite's.
My newest problem is I need a pc to use assistant 2. I have a abnormal message asking to calibrate Vps with macbook or Pc. Currently I am trying to figure out will a laptop work for the app and calibration? Is desktop required? When I figure that out. What system requirements are needed for Assistant 2 to run correctly? Don't want to buy new pc and turns out I need desktop only and certain drive... requirements.

You should go to the DJI website and look at the list of compatible devices, they give complete list and the % of compatibility Not many are!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair