+ model screen crash procedure?

Reaction score
On the Pro+ and Advanced+ with the built-in screen what do you do if/when the screen/app crashes while flying? When using the separate tablet models you can restart the tablet and app while leaving the controller on, of course...
Is there a way to re-start the built-in screen/app while airborne?

On the Pro+ and Advanced+ with the built-in screen what do you do if/when the screen/app crashes while flying? When using the separate tablet models you can restart the tablet and app while leaving the controller on, of course...
Is there a way to re-start the built-in screen/app while airborne?
You’ve probably done this but have you pushed the button on the upper right top of your screen on the surrounding frame. It will turn your screen on and off and can happen accidentally at the worst time. Just a thought

Reactions: Firehawk
That little button only turns the screen on/off, but not the app and device, correct?
I am concerned with what is the best plan of action for when the entire app/device/screen fails/crashes.

On my P3P if the app/ipad crashes I can restart it and leave the controller on thus maintaining control of the aircraft, but with the 4+ models you have to restart the controller to restart the built-in Android screen, right? You can't very well shut down your controller with the aircraft in the air. Or at least I've never tried that. What will it do, RTH?

That little button only turns the screen on/off, but not the app and device, correct?
I am concerned with what is the best plan of action for when the entire app/device/screen fails/crashes.

On my P3P if the app/ipad crashes I can restart it and leave the controller on thus maintaining control of the aircraft, but with the 4+ models you have to restart the controller to restart the built-in Android screen, right? You can't very well shut down your controller with the aircraft in the air. Or at least I've never tried that. What will it do, RTH?
Yes and Yes. If all else fails, just give the DJI folks a call at customer support. They don’t care who you are or where you got your drone they will help. Good luck.

Yes and Yes. If all else fails, just give the DJI folks a call at customer support. They don’t care who you are or where you got your drone they will help. Good luck.
Actually I’ve never had one do what you’re talking about so if you find the answer I’ll be curious. Mine just hasn’t shut off, yet, But I’ve disconnected it on purpose then it returns to home just fine.

Reactions: Firehawk
Actually I’ve never had one do what you’re talking about so if you find the answer I’ll be curious. Mine just hasn’t shut off, yet, But I’ve disconnected it on purpose then it returns to home just fine.
Of course make sure you set it up to RTH automatically before takeoff. Have fun

I had the monitor freeze on me during 2 flights yesterday. I've only flown my Phantom 4 Adv+ about 8 times so far.
The 1st time I was across a flooded river shooting a lighthouse and noticed the screen image was completely frozen. So I flew it back visually. Thankfully I keep it in sight (as we are supposed to) but if it wasn't that would be scary.
Once I landed I pressed the Dji logo in the top left of the screen to back out of the frozen screen and then went back to the camera and it was working again.
While this was not a fun experience it looks like when the screen freezes in flight, you could hover, back out and restart the camera screen and then continue flying. I was afraid the controller would have to be restarted to get the screen to work which would cause an automatic return to home and automated landing, right?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT