Mode

Reaction score
Mode A or B. Is there one that's better then the other?

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Which modes are you referring to?

Are you talking about your stick assignments on the remote? It comes down to personal preference. If you have flown other RC AC I would set it to what you are familiar with.

Controller modes. Going fresh into this space I'm trying to see where everyone is with it.

Most people are using Mode 2.

Reactions: WestyinWC
I originally learnt to fly Helicopters in mode 1 as that was the standard stick arrangement in Australia in the late 80's and early 90's and that's what everyone else flew (This is pre computer radios so swapping modes wasn't easy). When quadcopters first came along a lot of the cheaper units were fixed as mode 2 so I taught myself to fly mode 2 as well as it makes much more sense to have pitch and roll on one stick and yaw & throttle/collective on the other. I wish I had started off with mode 2 all those years ago it may have made mastering the rotary winged birds a little easier.

Having flown both modes I can see no good reason to recommend mode 1 unless that's what your instructor flys and you have to share his gear.

Sent from my LG-D855 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: WestyinWC
I originally learnt to fly Helicopters in mode 1 as that was the standard stick arrangement in Australia in the late 80's and early 90's and that's what everyone else flew (This is pre computer radios so swapping modes wasn't easy). When quadcopters first came along a lot of the cheaper units were fixed as mode 2 so I taught myself to fly mode 2 as well as it makes much more sense to have pitch and roll on one stick and yaw & throttle/collective on the other. I wish I had started off with mode 2 all those years ago it may have made mastering the rotary winged birds a little easier.

Having flown both modes I can see no good reason to recommend mode 1 unless that's what your instructor flys and you have to share his gear.

Sent from my LG-D855 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Thanks Paul!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3