Mission Planning & Mission Flying

Reaction score
Hi All

I have a DJI Phantom Pro4 and am looking to improve my mission planning. I currently fly using Litchi and set my missions up using the desktop mission hub. The issue with the hub is I want to set up my missions using a grid with image overlap calculations - Litchi only allows you to set up missions by manually setting way points by clicking on the locations. This results in a "wobbly" grid and there is no way of knowing how much overlap I'll get using this method.

The DJI app doesn't let you set missions up this way (I understand you have to fly the area first to create way points - whats that all about?).

I have used both Precision Flight and Pix4D Capture to set up missions and whilst these both work well - especially Pix4D there seems no way to export the mission for import into other software, meaning you are stuck with having to fly using their apps.

Am I missing something crucial here or is this a well known problem? What solutions are people using out there for this problem?

I have used both Precision Flight and Pix4D Capture to set up missions and whilst these both work well - especially Pix4D there seems no way to export the mission for import into other software, meaning you are stuck with having to fly using their apps.

Am I missing something crucial here or is this a well known problem? What solutions are people using out there for this problem?
What's the problem with having to fly using their apps?

Reactions: BigAl07
So you're wanting to create a "Grid Pattern" in one app and import it into Litchi or DJIGO in order to fly the aircraft with?

Very few apps are going to be compatible with each other and I'm not aware of any flight control apps that will take input from other flight control apps.

One "neat" thing you can do with Litchi is use the 3rd party app called Virtual Litchi Mission(VLM) which allows you to import a Litchi mission into Google Earth Pro and "fly it". There is a full breakdown and discussion about it over on the Mavic Pilot's forum but here's a direct link to it: VLM on Mavic Pilot's
It's a WINDOWS based program so hopefully that's what you're using as well.

Good luck and let us know if you do locate what you're looking for. I use "Grid Flying" a lot. I did speak with Litchi a while back and "Auto Grid" is something they have on the list of future enhancements but they had/offered no time line for it.

Also a company/program called Measure: Ground Control that I'm testing out that has a grid option but it's probably a lot of overkill for your program. Might be worth a look just in case.
Ground Control Free Trial

Reactions: RodPad
you could use Google Earth to plot, export as kml & import into mission hub?

When laying waypoints in litchi hub the shift key will assist with grid alignment. It's not auto grid but it helps.

Good tip, thanks

We need two good manuals, and I'd be glad to pay a fair price for both:

1. Basic How to Use Litchi A-Z + advanced Tips, Tricks and Examples section
2. Basic How to Use Virtual Litchi Mission + advanced Tips & Tricks

Edit:

Three actually:

3. How to use Google Earth Pro like a Pro

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics